This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth playing Suikoden I and II before I finish III?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Worth playing Suikoden I and II before I finish III?

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
3 weeks ago#1
So I hated the first 3 or so hours of Suikoden III (playing it on my PS2) but I randomly started really enjoying it and it just "clicked" with me.

I would've started off with Suikoden I and II but S1 is expensive and S2 is hella expensive, and if I were to buy it off of PSN, I unfortunately don't have enough space on my memory card. I'd have to buy a new one for my PSP, and my PSP screen is pretty scratched so it's kind of annoying to look at, and basically it'll kind of take a tad bit of effort to play S1 and 2.

Is it worth it to play it before finishing S3, or can I just wait until perhaps I'm more financially comfortable and whatnot and buy it then?
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
3 weeks ago#2
Personally, yes.
And you can play them digitally on PS3, provided you still have it.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
3 weeks ago#3
Yes a lot of references in Suikoden 3 from the previous 2 games.

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
3 weeks ago#4
Tiael posted...
Personally, yes.
And you can play them digitally on PS3, provided you still have it.

Really? For some odd reason I thought the PS1 games had to be played on the PSP.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 weeks ago#5
They're compatible with both. In fact, if you have a PS3, you can solve your MC issue too. You can copy your MC files from the PSP onto your PS3. They're interchangeable.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.

User Info: badboy

badboy
3 weeks ago#6
I & II are playable on PS3, PSP, and PS Vita. III & IV are also available for PS3.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 weeks ago#7
If you've already started 3 you might as well see it through. 1 and 2 are the most connected games in the series while 3 just has references here and there. Suikoden 3 was my first Suikoden game and I didn't feel like I missed anything that way.

Suikoden 1 is a great RPG though and Suikoden 2 is arguably the best console RPG ever so hitting them sooner or later is recommended.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
3 weeks ago#8
Biggest knock against S2 are the myriad number of glitches in the game. Most of which are detrimental to the experience, afaic. So, while it's good, and I really like it, it loses out in the argument. CT is just as good and doesn't have the glitches. The Lunar Complete titles don't suffer from them either. DQ8 doesn't have them either. Just to name a few.
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Worth playing Suikoden I and II before I finish III?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived