This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy Chronicles Compatibility?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy Chronicles Compatibility?

User Info: DAMIDDLEFINGER

DAMIDDLEFINGER
3 weeks ago#1
Any owners of the Greatest Hits version of FF Chronicles know if the game suffers any issues on a PS3?
Not changing this sig until MegaMan Legends 3 is released. Started on 10/23/2011.

User Info: Lamace

Lamace
3 weeks ago#2
I don't have the greatest hits version, but in the black label version Final Fantasy IV has issues. There's a lot of really annoying graphical glitches. Chrono Trigger works flawlessly though.
RPG terms I use;
Traditional RPG, Advanced RPG, Action RPG, Strategy RPG, and Hybrid RPG

User Info: DAMIDDLEFINGER

DAMIDDLEFINGER
3 weeks ago#3
Well that stinks. I wanted to buy Chronicles purely for FFIV since I believe it is only a matter of time before the smartphone version gets ported to PC. Does it at least work fine on a PS2? I still have mine.
Not changing this sig until MegaMan Legends 3 is released. Started on 10/23/2011.

User Info: Cidastor

Cidastor
3 weeks ago#4
Could buy a PSTV and buy FFIV Complete.

Can find PSTV's pretty cheap sometimes.

And use ps3 controllers.
I'm not a true gamer. I like to think a lot. I own and play a LOT of games. But I'd rather not be some fanboy bent over taking turns for their corporate masters

Lamace
3 weeks ago#5
DAMIDDLEFINGER posted...
Well that stinks. I wanted to buy Chronicles purely for FFIV since I believe it is only a matter of time before the smartphone version gets ported to PC. Does it at least work fine on a PS2? I still have mine.

In the last version of the PS2, SCPH-90001, since it doesn't use original PS1 tech any longer, the same issues the PS3 have are there, if not worse. However, if you have any version before that, I can't be absolutely certain, but I think you'll be fine. To check, all you have to do is look at the bottom of any PS2 and look for that number, if it's anything less than 90001 it has PS1 tech.
RPG terms I use;

User Info: ConstanzaShiggy

ConstanzaShiggy
3 weeks ago#6
I have played Final Fantasy Origins (FF1 and FF2) PS1 Classic on my PS3 without issues. The FF compilations on PS1 (Origins, Chrono Trigger, and Chronicles) were similarly coded so there shouldn't be an issue.

Lamace posted...
I don't have the greatest hits version, but in the black label version Final Fantasy IV has issues. There's a lot of really annoying graphical glitches. Chrono Trigger works flawlessly though.

That is a shame, I have actually completed Chrono Trigger on the PS3. I feel kinda proud I played the SNES and PS1 version, guess I should add the DS version under my belt soon enough! But it is very odd that FFIV has issues, at least the disc form. Wonder what gives.
Mitsuru, Naoto, and Haru. The patrician taste in women.
Lamace posted...

Are you sure you're not talking about Final Fantasy V? I've never heard of issues with IV, any version. V has screwed up graphics if you go into the save game menu about 1/2 the time, making playing it perilous, and screws up sometimes on both PS2 and PS3 (not the digital version, just the disc one)

Lamace
2 weeks ago#8
Captain Brainslide posted...
Lamace posted...

Are you sure you're not talking about Final Fantasy V? I've never heard of issues with IV, any version. V has screwed up graphics if you go into the save game menu about 1/2 the time, making playing it perilous, and screws up sometimes on both PS2 and PS3 (not the digital version, just the disc one)

Final Fantasy V black label has a glitch where it'll freeze if you try to save. This was fixed for the greatest hits version. But I'll go check Final Fantasy IV again, just to be sure.

Edit:
All right, just checked IV, and there's near constant graphical glitches. There's an orangish flicker on water, and a black flicker around objects such as desks, pillars, and so on. These glitches don't effect gameplay, but they can be annoying.
RPG terms I use;
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Final Fantasy Chronicles Compatibility?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived