This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some absolute gems on this system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are some absolute gems on this system?

User Info: Jevil

Jevil
3 weeks ago#1
As per topic

User Info: ImmortalityV

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#2
Last of Us, the Ratchet and Clank games, the Uncharted games, Gran Turismo 6, Personal 5, Folklore, Heavenly Blade, God of War games. Playstation battle royale. Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Graces F, sly collection, heavy rain, little big planet games, beyond two souls, mgs4,jak games, team ico collection,kill zone games, resistance games... More I am leaving out I think.
Those are some of the exclusives.
Do you want multiplats and games on other Playstation consoles like ps2 and 1?

How many can you get? Personally I recommend Last of Us as it is 9 dollars on psn. The uncharted games as required cheap too but Last of Us is pinnacle of ps3 imo
--------------------------------------------------
*Proud Social Justice Warrior*

User Info: Jevil

Jevil
3 weeks ago#3
ImmortalityV posted...
Last of Us, the Ratchet and Clank games, the Uncharted games, Gran Turismo 6, Personal 5, Folklore, Heavenly Blade, God of War games. Playstation battle royale. Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Graces F, sly collection, heavy rain, little big planet games, beyond two souls, mgs4,jak games, team ico collection,kill zone games, resistance games... More I am leaving out I think.
Those are some of the exclusives.
Do you want multiplats and games on other Playstation consoles like ps2 and 1?

How many can you get? Personally I recommend Last of Us as it is 9 dollars on psn. The uncharted games as required cheap too but Last of Us is pinnacle of ps3 imo

@ImmortalityV Already have Uncharted Collection and Last of Us on PS4. I will look into the tales games. Are they really good? Which is the best Tales game on PS3?

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#4
They are great arpgs.Symphonia is the best Tales game I have played. I heard the sequel included in the collection is not as good but I never played the sequel. The first game gives as good lengthy playthrough and is worth the 20 - 30 dollar collection price or you can be like me and just get the first game digitally.

User Info: Cidastor

Cidastor
3 weeks ago#5
I'd ask someone what kind of games they like before recomending the tales games.

I say that because I can like JRPG's and went into Tales of Graces F blind and thought it was one of the
dumbest games I've ever played.
I'm not a true gamer. I like to think a lot. I own and play a LOT of games. But I'd rather not be some fanboy bent over taking turns for their corporate masters

User Info: MajinSoulx

MajinSoulx
3 weeks ago#6
Cidastor posted...

I can like JRPG's and went into Tales of Graces F blind and thought it was one of the

I second that. It's my least favourite Tales of game. My favourite Tales of game on PS3 would be Symphonia

Some of my favourites:
Demon's Souls, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition, Resonance of Fate, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West , Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Vanquish, DMC:Collection

Some of those are also on PC/Xbox though
PSN: UtoKid
opinions =|= facts

User Info: RedEagle2000

RedEagle2000
3 weeks ago#7
Portal 2
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Both are multiplatform, of course
Please check out my retro game-themed YouTube channel, Talon The Retro Gamer: https://www.youtube.com/c/TalonTheRetroGamer

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
3 weeks ago#8
A couple of early exclusives I really enjoyed were Heavenly Sword and Folklore. Valkyria Chronicles is also great and a must play for any PS3 owner.

ImmortalityV
3 weeks ago#9
Cidastor posted...
I'd ask someone what kind of games they like before recomending the tales games.

I say that because I can like JRPG's and went into Tales of Graces F blind and thought it was one of the

I never finished Graces F. Pretty game (well Symphonia looks great too because their art style)
I agree Symphonia is the best game to recommend someone from the series from what I played... Which is Eternia, Tales of Hearts R, Xilia , Graces F and Symphonia.
Oh and I forgot to mention starhawk valkyrie chroniclesand demon souls but at least another poster got demon souls and valkyrie chronicles

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
3 weeks ago#10
Time Crisis Razing Storm

Ignore the campaign, ignore the multiplayer, focus on the three included arcade game ports. Fantastic games.
Now Playing - [XONE] Titanfall 2 (Respawn, 2016) -- [X360] Outrun Online Arcade (Sega/Sumo Digital, 2009) - [XONE] Alice: Madness Returns (Spicy Horse, 2011)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What are some absolute gems on this system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived