This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GOTY 2017 is on sale on PS3 for $25 (Persona 5) on North American PS Store

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. GOTY 2017 is on sale on PS3 for $25 (Persona 5) on North American PS Store

User Info: ConstanzaShiggy

ConstanzaShiggy
3 weeks ago#1
Full game $25
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-NPUB31848_00-HDDBOOTPERSONA05

If for some reason you have loads of money and are lazy, every DLC ultimate version is $80
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2611-NPUB31848_00-P5PS3ULTIMATEEDI
Mitsuru, Naoto, and Haru. The patrician taste in women.

User Info: buford123

buford123
3 weeks ago#2
How does it run on PS3? Is it much of a downgrade from the ps4 version?

ConstanzaShiggy
3 weeks ago#3
buford123 posted...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-ps3-version-of-persona-5-is-totally-fine

PS3: Native 720p, 30FPS, screen tearing can pop up, slightly longer load times.
PS4: Native 1080p, 30FPS (yes, it's exactly the same even on PS4 Pro), slightly better load times.

PS3 version of Persona 5 is on average 10sh dollars cheaper than PS4. Even though load times are fine on physical PS3, if you go digital they'll be the same as the PS4 version. I'm clocked well over 250 hours on New Game Plus on the Super Slim PS3 without any errors or bugs. Persona 5 is largely a PS3 game, with the PS4 version being created in the final year of development.

Load times are 2-3 second differences at most between PS3/PS4 at the end of the day. And yes, I've counted in-battle, out of battle, and fast travel outside of dungeons. Negligible when they're that apart by mere 2 seconds average.

User Info: buford123

buford123
3 weeks ago#4
ConstanzaShiggy posted...
buford123 posted...

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-ps3-version-of-persona-5-is-totally-fine

PS3: Native 720p, 30FPS, screen tearing can pop up, slightly longer load times.
PS4: Native 1080p, 30FPS (yes, it's exactly the same even on PS4 Pro), slightly better load times.

PS3 version of Persona 5 is on average 10sh dollars cheaper than PS4. Even though load times are fine on physical PS3, if you go digital they'll be the same as the PS4 version. I'm clocked well over 250 hours on New Game Plus on the Super Slim PS3 without any errors or bugs. Persona 5 is largely a PS3 game, with the PS4 version being created in the final year of development.

Load times are 2-3 second differences at most between PS3/PS4 at the end of the day. And yes, I've counted in-battle, out of battle, and fast travel outside of dungeons. Negligible when they're that apart by mere 2 seconds average.

Good to hear...thanks!

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#5
I was waiting to play this in PS4. Now I am tempted. But only if I can find a good black friday deal in a disc copy.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 weeks ago#6
Also other Playstation 3 games that are on sale on the PSN store

Doom BFG. 4.99
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 7.99
Dishonored. its 4.99 I think

Doom BFG it has 3-4 frikkin Doom games. all for just 4.99. Hot damn

ConstanzaShiggy
3 weeks ago#7
I've just finished DOOM 1 on the PS3, moving on to DOOM 2. They really hold a special place in my heart after 2 decades of not playing them, lol. DOOM BFG is really worth it for DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 if you're in the camp of never DOOM 3.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
3 weeks ago#8
The Doom games they the same old ones for the original X Box or are the Doom games of Doom BFG newer and different for the Playstation 3?

ConstanzaShiggy
3 weeks ago#9
DOOM 1 and 2 PS3 are the only console version with controller rumble. Online play is free on PS3 so also free multiplayer arena and co-op on PS3. That's about it over the 360 version. If you got one one hour to kill, DigitalFoundry did a killer analysis of EVERY DOOM port ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=784MUbDoLjQ.

Gonna quote the segment about PS3/360 if you don't wanna watch it

But if you're looking for the best way to play the original Doom today, it's got to be the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. Yes, the frame-rate is still capped at 35fps like the original game, but it's full-screen, runs at a higher resolution and features the entirety of Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Networking options are available and the control is highly refined, taking full advantage of modern controllers. It feels absolutely spot-on and it's a blast to play. So why group PS3 and Xbox 360 together? While there are certainly minor differences here, these two ports are basically the same at their core and both are excellent. Ultimately, these versions of Doom are all about that original experience. There is no texture filtering here, the soundtrack is based on the original PC version, no additional effects are present - only the resolution is increased, and it is glorious.

User Info: Kaijuu

Kaijuu
3 weeks ago#10
Amazon doesn't even seem to sell the physical disc anymore. For $25, I might just grab it, even though I've already finished it once.
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. GOTY 2017 is on sale on PS3 for $25 (Persona 5) on North American PS Store

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived