This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Revenge of the Backlog

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Revenge of the Backlog

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
2 weeks ago#1
Man, after you stop buying games for a system and start actually playing through some of the stuff you bought, boy howdy, do you realize how many mistakes you made. Buying games that just aren't fun, buying long and boring games, buying games that don't have multiplayer anymore, boy you end up with some stinkers. I've had fairly good luck overall with the games I've bought but lately the ones I've been playing just haven't been my cup of tea. These include:

One Piece Unlimited World Red (just padded to the extreme with pointless unfun stuff)
Killer is Dead (glitched missions that I would pull my hair out trying to get perfect scores on)
Nitroplus Blasterz (I realize now that the PS3 controller is not a good enough device for fighting games, and I got quite a few...)
The Last of Us (so far into it I'm just bored but I've just started it really)

Just making me depressed with how bad my decisions were on this even though I had tons of fun with the story of One Piece and Killer is Dead. So what are some of your weird/bad decisions?
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
2 weeks ago#2
Just bought One Piece this week. Never watched a single episode of said anime (actually, last anime I watched was Saint Seiya when I was a kid), but as I was ordering another game and this one popped up for $7 brand new, could not resist. Hopefully I'll trade it for another game of my liking.

I agree with the Last of Us, it's somewhat boring, even though it's a good game. The ending was also a MAJOR disappointment for me. Joel is an a******.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
2 weeks ago#3
None so far, really.

I have a good sized backlog and still it's very rare to start a game from it that I don't like.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
2 weeks ago#4
I think the bigger problem is that you give up on games much more quickly. If it's not too interesting, or seems like too much of a grind, it's tempting to just move on to something else, knowing you have so many games to get to. Whereas if you bought a new release that you played immediately, you tend to stick it out a bit longer, if anything to justify the bigger price tag. It's all about perception.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Revenge of the Backlog

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived