This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Interested with Street Fighter X Tekken

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Interested with Street Fighter X Tekken

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
1 month ago#1
So far, I have been buying quite a few of fighting games for PS3, such as Tekken games, Under Night In-Birth, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, and Persona 4: Arena Ultimax.

The game Street FIghter X Tekken caught my eye, as it has some of my favourite Tekken fighters with the SF4 visuals. I am not familiar with Street Fighter games, but this particular game interests me a lot.

In your opinion, how well does this game fare in terms of:

1) Singleplayer content
2) Accessibility to new players
3) Variety of characters.

Appreciate any opinions on this game.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/qFxBz4 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
1 month ago#2
Unless both the game and the character DLC are on-sale, I would shy away from SFxT.

First off, the game itself is $20 right now, but 12 characters are locked behind another $20 DLC: Sakura, Blanka, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Lars, Alisa, JACK-X, Bryan, Christie, and Lei. You can't get these 12 characters any other way except by paying another $20 for them. And if you're buying the disc version, those 12 characters are already on the disc; you still have to pay money to unlock them.

Gameplay-wise, to me, it plays worse than various versions of Street Fighter IV. It just feels sloppier and more boring, somehow. It doesn't have the smoothness of feel that SF games do, nor does it have the "meatiness" feeling that Tekken games do. I play it every once in a while, but only when I'm bored.

If you're looking for alternatives to SFxT on PS3, I would look into Ultra Street Fighter IV, or Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

DualArms
1 month ago#3
GundamMonX posted...
Unless both the game and the character DLC are on-sale, I would shy away from SFxT.

First off, the game itself is $20 right now, but 12 characters are locked behind another $20 DLC: Sakura, Blanka, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Lars, Alisa, JACK-X, Bryan, Christie, and Lei. You can't get these 12 characters any other way except by paying another $20 for them. And if you're buying the disc version, those 12 characters are already on the disc; you still have to pay money to unlock them.

Gameplay-wise, to me, it plays worse than various versions of Street Fighter IV. It just feels sloppier and more boring, somehow. It doesn't have the smoothness of feel that SF games do, nor does it have the "meatiness" feeling that Tekken games do. I play it every once in a while, but only when I'm bored.

If you're looking for alternatives to SFxT on PS3, I would look into Ultra Street Fighter IV, or Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

@GundamMonX

Thanks for your opinion.

That sounds a horrible practice by Capcom. How is Ultra Street Fighter IV? Is it much better than SFxT and does it have the basic offline content such as Arcade Mode?

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
1 month ago#4
GundamMonX posted...

While I agree with him on everything but the gameplay.

See when the game first came out, yes almost all SF characters overpowered Tekken characters due to Capcom not being able to design their moves properly(really even now they all play nothing like their counter Tekken versions, might as well call them SF characters), but they patched the game to look better and play better.

But let me add my 2 cents

Yes this game is kinda a scam as when they discount the main game on PSN for 5$(its when I got it) the DLC was still 20$ and that is 12!!! characters locked away from you.

There are amazing game intros and story cut scenes for this game found on youtube.......that don't exist in the game.....not sure why, it's not like they were running out of space.

All characters endings are based on teams, example: you need to finish the game with Ryu and Ken or Jin and Xiaoyu to see their endings, if you play with Ryu and lets say Jin you will get a generic ending, also endings can only be viewed by finishing the arcade mode(which is long process) just like the old day as they couldn't afford to even have theater mode......?

Offline modes are almost lacking in every way, you got arcade mode(can't bevleive this is now something we look for a feature), vs mode, Survival mode and weak challenge mode(Capcom sucks at making those)

One fun thing about this game is in VS mode, you can have 4 players duke it out all on the same time in a 2v2 battle, it's broken but again fun

Compared to Tekken tag, this game lacks in every single way but it's still a fun game, you could say it plays like SF4 on crack, which is very fun but horribly managed.

The PS Vita gets you all the characters from the get go(and looks better haha) even DLC and is cheaper to buy ...ik makes no sense lol

PS3 and Vita are the best version of this game as it gives you Fat Mega man, Pac Man, Dude from Infamous and Sony's 2 japan Cat mascots(joke characters)
PSN:yahyano1

DualArms
1 month ago#5
yahya_no_1 posted...
GundamMonX posted...

While I agree with him on everything but the gameplay.

See when the game first came out yes all SF characters overpowered Tekken characters due to Capcom not being able to design their moves properly(really even now they all play nothing like their counter Tekken versions, might as well call them SF characters), but they patched the game to look better and play better.

But let me add my 2 cents

Yes this game is kinda a scam as when they discount the main game for 5$(its when I got it) the DLC was still 20$ and that is 12!!! characters locked away from you.

There are amazing game intros and story cut scenes for this game found on youtube.......that don't exist in the game.....not sure why, it's not like they were running out of space.

All characters endings are based on teams, example: you need to finish the game with Ryu and Ken or Jin and Xiaoyu to see their endings, if you play with Ryu and lets say Jin you will get a generic ending, also endings can only be viewed by finishing the arcade mode(which is long process) just like the old day as they couldn't afford to even have theater mode......?

Offline modes are almost lacking in every way, you got arcade mode(can't bevleive this is now something we look for a feature), vs mode, Survival mode and weak challenge mode(Capcom sucks at making those)

One fun thing about this game is in VS mode, you can have 4 players duke it out all on the same time in a 2v2 battle, it's broken but again fun

Compared to Tekken tag, this game lacks in every single way but it's still a fun game, just horribly managed.

The PS Vita gets you all the characters from the get go(and looks better haha) even DLC and is cheaper to buy ...ik makes no sense lol

PS3 and Vita are the best version of this game as it gives you Fat Mega man, Pac Man, Dude from Infamous and Sony's 2 japan Cat mascots(joke characters)

@yahya_no_1

Thanks a lot. Will be searching for the PS3 or PSV version if possible. Hopefully I am not too late to find a brand new one.

User Info: shaka de virgem

shaka de virgem
1 month ago#6
wait for a sale.Usually both the PS3 and Vita versions get discounts together,and if you buy the Vita version,you get all the DLC characters for free on the PS3.
3DS friend code: 2707-2406-9689/ PSN ID: PGBP88

DualArms
1 month ago#7
shaka de virgem posted...
wait for a sale.Usually both the PS3 and Vita versions get discounts together,and if you buy the Vita version,you get all the DLC characters for free on the PS3.

@shaka_de_virgem

I am not aware of that. Are the DLC characters included within the PS Vita card, or do you need to redeem the DLC characters by using a code?

User Info: sub309

sub309
1 month ago#8
DualArms posted...

@shaka_de_virgem

I am not aware of that. Are the DLC characters included within the PS Vita card, or do you need to redeem the DLC characters by using a code?

I believe their included in the card itself
3DS: 0276-1460-3315
PSN: Sub309

DualArms
1 month ago#9
sub309 posted...
DualArms posted...

@shaka_de_virgem

I believe their included in the card itself

@sub309

Nice, thanks. So let's say if I buy both PS Vita and PS3 versions, how exactly I can get the DLC characters on PS3? Via save file import or something?

User Info: a_riot04

a_riot04
1 month ago#10
There'll be a file you download from the Vita page, around 300kb I think, which will open 2 unlock keys, around 200kb (again, not sure) for 12 character DLC, one for each version (PS3 & Vita).

You don't need a VIta to activate the 12 character DLC, you just need to buy both PS3 and Vita versions.

I've got mine from a flash sale from Jan, spent like $7 for both. I haven't spent much time on it.
Reinforcements? I am THE reinforcements.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Interested with Street Fighter X Tekken

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived