This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 making Chirp/Beep during gameplay

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 making Chirp/Beep during gameplay

User Info: aqua77

aqua77
1 month ago#1
Hey guys,

Tried searching around for an answer to this and had no luck so wanted to see if you could help. I have a ps3 fat that I use with a 1TB hard drive. I've been playing Nier and within the last day or two I have noticed that the ps3 will periodically beep/chirp once every couple of minutes. It is very similar to the sound made when you press the power button to turn the console on. I can confirm that the sound is not coming from any smoke detectors. Anybody else experience an issue like this? Is my fat PS3's life finally coming to an end?

User Info: iTossSalads

iTossSalads
1 month ago#2
Sure it's the PS3 itself and not the HDD chirping? I've had a few HDDs that I've used with PS3 and PS4 that would occasionally make a chirping sound. Think they were all Seagate HDD's.
2013, 2014 and 2016 GameFAQs User of the Year

User Info: aqua77

aqua77
1 month ago#3
hmm that may be it. I'm using a Seagate as well. Does this mean the HDD is dying? I've been using this hard drive for around 3 years with no chirping before. I'm just paranoid about losing all of my saves.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 making Chirp/Beep during gameplay

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived