This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 gaames for 5-8 year olds

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 gaames for 5-8 year olds

User Info: mrbawkbagawk

mrbawkbagawk
1 month ago#11
Little big planet 1 and 2 (they're surprisingly challenging)

Ratchet and clank

ICO and/or shadow of the colossus (ps2 games ported to ps3)

Okami (google it)

Mini ninjas (soooo good. Seriously. Totally overlooked game, and I'm 31)

Sonic generations (a mix of old and new sonic levels)

And honestly, I'd really recommend fighting games since I was playing them back then. When I was seven I was going crazy on street fighter 2 street fighter alpha killer instinct and primal rage. Maybe aim for the less violent ones though (I.e. no mortal combat). Soul calibur is cool.
"he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being man" (h.s. Thompson)

User Info: mrbawkbagawk

mrbawkbagawk
1 month ago#12
Final fantasy also
"he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being man" (h.s. Thompson)

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
1 month ago#13
Tekken? Brilliant fun for young boys, or Street Fighter
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
1 month ago#14
I just finished Cars 2 and it fits all the criteria you were looking for. I haven't played 1 or 3, but I'd imagine any one of them would be just as fun.

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
1 month ago#15
LittleBigPlanet is easily the best E-rated game on PS3, it has endless replay value.
Pineapple on pizza

User Info: MyWifeBeatsMe

MyWifeBeatsMe
1 month ago#16
Ride to Hell: Retribution

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
1 month ago#17
I'll second all the recommendations for LittleBigPlanet - they're kid-friendly platformers, multiplayer (working together in the main levels, competing in minigames) and have a huge focus on creativity and building your own levels. Some of the harder levels are really challenging.

De Blob 2 (part 1 was only on Wii) is another fun game - it's been a long time since I played, but I think it has a multiplayer mode.

There's a downloadable game called Chariot - a platformer that requires two players to control the chariot co-operatively. I can't really recommend as such, but it looked interesting and kid-friendly.

---

Taking a different approach, not for PS3, but since you also mentioned you're looking for retro games, you can download a lot of older PC games for free. You might need to get a program called DOSbox to be able to run them - some need it, others will run happily within modern Windows.
For games, look at http://www.dosgames.com/ or http://dosgamesarchive.com/
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 month ago#18
I have a 6 year old son. I let him play some more "advanced" games not fit for his age, since he copes well with those. But if you want to keep your children playing only what's fit for their age, there's a lot of games out there.

If you really want them to develop their coordination and motor skills, get a PS Move kit (make sure you have at least two motion controllers). So they can play games like just dance, sports champions 1 and 2 and medieval moves.

Games good for them that make use of dualshocks are the Lego games. Lego Marvel, Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars, Lego Lord of the Rings, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Movie... you name it, all of them are good. All of them have puzzles suited for kids and involve working together to get through some stages. As a plus, you are able to get some fun while playing with your kids too.

Another game I like is Up! (that Pixar movie), it also has both players working together to get through stages and is a fun game too. Toy Story 3 is also good, this is a huge game with a lot of stuff to do. Ice Age 3 game is also kind of fun, but it's more focused on single player stages.

You can always rely on sports games too, FIFA or Pro Evolution Soccer (my kid loves Pro Evolution Soccer, FIFA not so much - both feel the same for me), MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, you name it... good thing about those: they have yearly installments, so if you buy 2015 or even 2016 editions, they should be very cheap.

As for racing, there's Gran Turismo and WRC games, if they like off-road racing.
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 month ago#19
I will also nominate Little Big Planet as well as the move.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

User Info: HighwayPilot

HighwayPilot
1 month ago#20
mrbawkbagawk posted...
Little big planet 1 and 2 (they're surprisingly challenging)

LBP 2 and 3 are only truely challenging when trying to get all the items. Just completing the story is doable for at least slightly experienced children. LBP 1 has some very challenging parts in the later levels and might even stop some older, more experienced children from progressing. So I'd recommend completing the 2 sequels before trying the original LBP.
LittleBigPlanet Karting is also a nice and easy racing game for children. It has a story mode(with co-op for 2 players), 4-player multiplayer for non-story events, and allows them to create their own tracks(with a little help from an older family member).
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 gaames for 5-8 year olds

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived