This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Controller nightmare

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Controller nightmare

User Info: WeskerTine91

WeskerTine91
1 month ago#1
So i just bought a pair of PS3 Blueloong controllers SIXAXIS technology. I tried them out and they worked wonderfully for a while the buttons are smooth and analog works well but they keep randomly freezing and not letting me do ANYTHING. I can usually fix the problem by plugging it into the USB charging slot on my PS3 letting all the lights flash for a couple seconds then unplugging it. There will then be 2 lights flashing and i have to repeat the process of plugging then unplugging. Then it will assign the controller a number and the functions will work again. I'd like to know if this is a connection problem and if so what can i do for it. I read online that i might have to reset the controller but i dont know if this is the same problem or not. Thanks in advance.

User Info: SEA_

SEA_
1 month ago#2
that's why you should't buy awful third party controllers

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#3
lol
http://i.imgur.com/X3SDsRV.jpg

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#4
About a month ago I sent my original DS3 to a repair shop to replace the left analog stick 'engine' and paid about $25 (Quite expensive, I know), but it was worth every penny, my controller feels like a new one now.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
1 month ago#5
SEA_ posted...
that's why you should't buy awful third party controllers

How can u blame him? Sony doesnt make dualshock 3 controllers anymore.
People end up buying these instead.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
1 month ago#6
Jx1010 posted...
How can u blame him? Sony doesnt make dualshock 3 controllers anymore.
People end up buying these instead.

That's why I'm glad I have like 14 'spare' Dualshock 3's I got stupid cheap over the years ranging in price from a $2 Little Big Planet/Dualshock 3 combo pack from a far off Kmart to a $20 silver Dualshock 3 I got from a Sears out of state.

Now I just need to find an equally cheap like new PS3 to use them on since I'm without a system at the moment.
Internet forum logic: When my opinion agrees with yours we're good. When it doesn't, the one with the different opinion is 'whining'. Gotta love the internet!

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
1 month ago#7
Gaara_fan posted...
About a month ago I sent my original DS3 to a repair shop to replace the left analog stick 'engine' and paid about $25 (Quite expensive, I know), but it was worth every penny, my controller feels like a new one now.
I'd hate to be that guy. he'll be dodging freak accidents for the rest of his life now. Final Destination rules - RickyTheBAWSE
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 Controller nightmare

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived