Help installing character mods

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Unreal Tournament III
  3. Help installing character mods

User Info: cheese785

cheese785
3 years ago#1
I realize that this board is dead, but hopefully someone will be able to help. I recently purchased UT3 on Steam, and wanted to install a mod for Gears of War characters:

http://www.unrealcentral.com/download.php?view.282

I have some experience installing mods from other games, but I for whatever reason, cannot figure out how to get this mod to work. I've tried placing the files in various folders (following instructions from various websites.) Nothing has worked yet.

I have a relatively clean install of the game. The only other mod I've installed is the "Gears of Unreal" 3rd person mutator mod. I doubt that this mod would conflict with the other, and I'd really like to get both mods working together. Any help would be appreciated.
\m/

User Info: cheese785

cheese785
3 years ago#2
I finally was able to get it to work. In case anyone else has trouble with this, I had to install the entire folder (GOW_Character_Pack_1.6) into
C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
\m/
  1. Boards
  2. Unreal Tournament III
  3. Help installing character mods

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived