disc 4 Boiling water trick works

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Odyssey
  3. disc 4 Boiling water trick works

User Info: ChickenLiverNut

ChickenLiverNut
6 years ago#1
wow i was seriously going crazy.

I played about 50 hours through the first 3 discs and pop in disc 4...... Its unreadable. So i look it up online and everyone says that this common problem is because of the plastic sleeve that the last disc comes in.

So i search and search and cant determine if this boil the cd trick is an internet joke or not. I decide to give it a go because i payed 10 bucks for it.

I boil the water, turn off the stove, and completely submerge the disc in the water (held with tongs) for 3 minutes. I pop it in the xbox and it works perfectly fine. Before it would get to about 22 percent when installing to harddrive, it worked the first time.

Man, am i crazy for trying this? Or is the universe crazy because this worked?
~Part of being American is not knowing everything about America~

User Info: bubbaX

bubbaX
6 years ago#2
you have chuck norris to thank!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfSUo5JDPc&playnext_from=TL&videos=vORzA8IHKs8 - Hilarious YTP watch n comment plz. Would love you if you do :).

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
6 years ago#3
I was under the belief that you're not supposed to submerge CD/DVD discs, like, ever. I could be wrong.
I'm a girl, damn it! I wanna do girly things! Like fix up someone's hair and get phone calls expressing romantic sentiments!

User Info: ChickenLiverNut

ChickenLiverNut
6 years ago#4
i did it disc side up or facing me. It took a couple of trials to find the combination but it has to be holy hell crazy boiling water for 3 minutes.
~Part of being American is not knowing everything about America~
  1. Boards
  2. Lost Odyssey
  3. disc 4 Boiling water trick works

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived