Killzone 2 HDD Problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone 2
  3. Killzone 2 HDD Problems

User Info: KVGF007

KVGF007
8 years ago#1
About a month ago, I replaced my 60GB HDD with a bigger one. It was a Seagate Momentus 500GB HDD, same brand as the the original 60GB HDD that came with the launch PS3.

My problems...
-Problem #1: Most of the time, my PS3 starts okay with the new HDD. Sometimes I get this message, "Cannot start. The proper HDD is not found." Or, something along those lines.
-Problem 2 #: Newer games like HAWX and Killzone 2 have some issues with the HDD. During cutscenes and gameplay, the games would freeze/skip/delay for a short period every 3-5 seconds.

Is there anyway to fix my problems with the internal Seagate Momentus 500GB HDD so that my PS3 would start properly 100% and the newer games would run smoothly?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: Darkfire6247

Darkfire6247
8 years ago#2
Problem 1: try reformatting the hard drive.
Problem 2 is not your HDD fault. Everyone experiences the short skips, they happen in loading areas.

User Info: th3nobodi3s

th3nobodi3s
8 years ago#3
prob 2 hawks has 2 minute load times.
Chris obviously ate the last piece of KFC.

User Info: Happygogo

Happygogo
8 years ago#4
You're not alone. I actually did the *exact* same thing as you... upgraded my stock Seagate 60GB momentus with the Seagate 500GB momentus. I experienced the same problems.

"Cannot start. The proper HDD is not found" was one isssue that would randomly appear if I started the system.

Killzone 2 - sound issues where voices and speech were getting cut off for what seemed like the last 1/2 second.
Hawx Demo - totally unplayable and would stutter every few seconds in third person view (assist mode or whatever it's called)
Rock Band 2 - DLC songs stored on the HDD would pause and stutter, rendering the dlc content unusable.

I went back to my 60GB and the problems disappeared. Unfortunately I think the seagate 500gb is just too slow for the ps3...

I will probably use the 500gb as external storage and buy a WD Scorpio Blue 500GB HDD for the ps3 instead. I heard those work fine.
  1. Boards
  2. Killzone 2
  3. Killzone 2 HDD Problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived