The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

About how long does it take to beat Metal Gear 1 and 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
  3. About how long does it take to beat Metal Gear 1 and 2?

User Info: Nova EX

Nova EX
9 years ago#1
About how long does it take to beat Metal Gear 1 and 2? I'm thinking about maybe playing them after I beat Snake Eater.
In the Middle East we don't hunt foxes, we hunt jackals. Instead of fox hounds we use royal harriers.

User Info: chrisjfinlay

chrisjfinlay
9 years ago#2
Quite a while actually. If you're not rushing you'll get some excellent playtime out of them

No direct quotes for you though, I haven't beaten either in ages so I cannot remember my time.
Brawl Code: 4210 5568 2961 Mains: Marth, Pit
Playstation Network: ftr2k8. Games: GT5, MGS4, GTA4, Sega Rally

User Info: ilKhan

ilKhan
9 years ago#3
I think I beat Metal Gear in about 4-5 hours or so, but that was using an MSX emulator. Metal Gear 2 took significantly longer, about 7-8 hours I think. But I can't be sure really, because I was playing the game in bits and pieces. Like many 80s games, some of the things you have to do in Metal Gear 1 and 2 don't really make sense, so thank goodness there's guides for them here, or I simply wouldn't know what to do.

User Info: albusfr

albusfr
9 years ago#4
only a few hours for both...if u watch all story sequences and sumwat good at the game, probably 7-8 hours for mgs1 and 15 hrs for mgs2
Wow! It's like Speed 2, only with a bus instead of a boat!

ilKhan
9 years ago#5
He meant Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid. I can't remember how long it took me to beat the first MGS, but I think it was somewhere around 3-4 hours when I skip the cinematics. For MGS2, I beat the tanker chapter in about 15 minutes, and another 4 hours or so for Big Shell on Hard.

User Info: silenttype02

silenttype02
9 years ago#6
He meant Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid. I can't remember how long it took me to beat the first MGS, but I think it was somewhere around 3-4 hours when I skip the cinematics. For MGS2, I beat the tanker chapter in about 15 minutes, and another 4 hours or so for Big Shell on Hard.

*facepalm*
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v4/viewsimfilecategory.php?categoryid=111

User Info: extend

extend
9 years ago#7
hmm i can't remember how long but it took me a while playing MG on an MSX emulator.. more than 5 hours i think... for MG2, i haven't played it yet...
extend

User Info: superdarkshadow

superdarkshadow
9 years ago#8
depends on if you know what you're doing or using a walkthrough.

I spent a LOT of time on MG1 using an emulator, but the second time I could finish it in under 3 hours.

MG2 is longer, but explains better where you have to go, but still it's about 5 hours minimum for the first time. I only played the subsistence version of this, don't know if there's anything different.
PSP S&L 4.01 m33-2 / CFW=LEGAL
MGO : Neleor & Lenore / EU player

ilKhan
9 years ago#9
*facepalm*

LMAO, my bad! I forgot to mention my times in MG1 and 2. MG1 took me something like 5-6 hours or so on the first try. MG2 was a lot harder for me, somewhere around 8 hours or so.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
  3. About how long does it take to beat Metal Gear 1 and 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived