mg and mg 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: flintstoner

flintstoner
5 years ago#1
has any one played through both these and what are your thoughts. I tried a few times but couldnt get into them.

User Info: fiestapais

fiestapais
5 years ago#2

I think I'm too into current videogames and the high quality graphics to really get into such an old game. I did however read summaries of the plot just so I could undertand the overall MG saga better. Having played only MGS3 it was weird and kind of sad to learn that Naked Snake turned out to be a bad guy...

User Info: flintstoner

flintstoner
5 years ago#3
ya me too. im used to the older arcade games but many cant wait to get these with the hd set according to hd posts. maybe its the top down 2d i cant get into anymore. mgs3 subs. any day of the week.

User Info: pure mind games

pure mind games
5 years ago#4
I've played them, I really enjoyed them, but then I grew up with these types of graphics so they don't bother me at all.
PSN: Pure_Mind_Games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUdSpn-upL8 (episode in one piece http://screwattack.com/videos/Lets-Play-Final-Fantasy-VIII-Episode-03)

User Info: alexg1989

alexg1989
5 years ago#5
Neither the graphics nor archaic gameplay were really a problem for me. I played and enjoyed Metal Gear 1.. and I'm playing through Metal Gear 2 which is ten times better than 1...

I really wish to see remakes of both of these... especially MG 1...

User Info: Artboytate

Artboytate
5 years ago#6

I've played them and I am happy i did. first time i played i was completely lost. it gave me a headache and i stopped playing it for a while. but then i accquired a map from the web and it helped alot and i had alot of fun.

i too hope to see a remake, even though after playing through the first two games MGS feels like a remake & a Sequel rolled into one game. lol

User Info: Hassun

Hassun
5 years ago#7
Yeah MGS kind of removed the need for a remake of the Metal Gear games.
:..:Addicted to misery:..:

User Info: Awesomebrand

Awesomebrand
5 years ago#8
First time I played them, the fan-translated versions, before MGS3 Subsistence was released, I was lost as balls and needed a guide for the game. Now all I need help with is the codec numbers when they change as part of the story but the game expects you to look at the case/use the manual to decipher the code rather than just tell you. Something I hope is fixed somehow in the HD collection.
Sure I could just go online, but there's something about breaking the 4th wall and grabbing my handy game case to progress in the game. Hell, I still go to grab my copy of MGS1 to find Meryl's Codec number despite remembering that it's 140.15

User Info: Sketcz

Sketcz
5 years ago#9
Played them, clocked them, loved them. And this was back in the day (MG1 was released in the UK for the MSX). Well, the second I played a fan translation, but I've replayed both several times.

I don't understand how anyone could have trouble with them. They're pretty straightforward for games from 1990 and that era. MG2 especially is quite slick and streamlined.

I prefer MG2 to MG1, Ghost Babel, MGS2, and MGS4 (which I found confusing and dull). MGS and MGS3 are still top though.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived