How rare is this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ASUnknown1

ASUnknown1
5 years ago#1
I'm only asking, because a lot of people on Ebay are selling it as "RARE Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence". I know that there is a different version of this game with a 3 hour movie or something along those lines; is that the 'rare' version?

User Info: Unhead_

Unhead_
5 years ago#2
I just saw a couple copies at Gamestop where I live, in LA, and so I got one.

Can't be too rare.
i7 2600k @5Ghz | ASUS Maximus IV Z68 | Corsair 16GB RAM | MSI Lt. Ex. 580 | Kingston Hyper X SSD | TT L10 GT Snow | Corsair H100 | Corsair 1200W | ASUS Xense

User Info: flintstoner

flintstoner
5 years ago#3
yes it is it came with 3 discs. existance being the one you mentioned. i think we will see more subsistance copies up for sale with the hd collection coming nov 8. still i will never part with my subs. discs. gonna get hd set too. ive never played peace walker.

User Info: Hassun

Hassun
5 years ago#4
It seems like in the US, the 3-disk version is reasonably rare these days.
In Europe all versions of the game had 3 disks so it's decidedly less rare there.
†:.·.:Addicted to misery:.·.:†

User Info: Tmac2035

Tmac2035
5 years ago#5
I've still got a factory sealed NTSC MGS3 Subsistence Limited Edition if anyone is interested.
This is my witty signature.
PSN: Toastie_McBake

User Info: ASUnknown1

ASUnknown1
5 years ago#6
Thanks, everyone. I was planning on getting Snake Eater after playing a demo, but Subsistence would be even better. Hopefully I can find a copy in my local game store.

User Info: flintstoner

flintstoner
5 years ago#7
i had snake eater. then found subsistance. so much better with all the extras and 360 camera view. keep lookin you will be glad you find subsistance. a masterpiece worth keeping.

Hassun
5 years ago#8
Note that there will be an HD collection coming out in the near future. It will be released both on 360 and PS3. If you have either of these consoles I recommend waiting for that.

User Info: Leinad_Yenoor

Leinad_Yenoor
5 years ago#9
Arucard posted...
In Europe all versions of the game had 3 disks so it's decidedly less rare there.

This is plain not true, sorry to say. I had the regular version AND subsistence.
Yes, I am a guy. Yes, I do play video games.
Don't hit on me you silly girls! ~

Hassun
5 years ago#10
Where? The only version of Subsistence I've ever seen in Europe is this one:
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8932/p1020190e.jpg

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived