ok, I was told this online about runes but not sure if its true....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. ok, I was told this online about runes but not sure if its true....

User Info: dknight1976

dknight1976
4 years ago#1
I was told once you put a rune into a charm it dosn't give you that abiltiy any more....

example; I put a lvl 19 quickness(Attack speed +10%) in Lvl 1 Malefactor locus.
Rune Charm

but I wont have +10% attack speed when I activate that charm right?
I thought you still get thous bonuses with the charms?
or the charm just uses the symbol not the actual bonus

User Info: ChrisZewski

ChrisZewski
4 years ago#2
Runes only have an effect once they are inserted into empty armor/weapon "sockets".

Charms only have the specific listed effect once they are completed and equipped in one of the two "active" charm slots. Anything inserted into a charm, be it a rune or another charm, is "consumed" by the charm they are inserted in.

Or, to put it simply: what you were told is correct.

On the plus side, attack speed runes can be found or shopped at 10% on purple runes around lvl 30 (perhaps even earlier?) and lvl 50 armors and weapons, so no great loss on the orange rune.

User Info: dknight1976

dknight1976
4 years ago#3
thanks.... here I was thinking I was making my character uber powerful because I thought the "bonuses" stacked up, hell I was waiting till lvl 50 on each one so I would have the good purple orange red runes... :( you would think if they did that the game would be a WHOLE LOT EASIER!!!

User Info: ChrisZewski

ChrisZewski
4 years ago#4
Indeed.

Although the game is pretty easy 90% of the time. Then you get inflicted with multiple status effects and meet the valkyrie yet again. It would be nice if you had more of a defense against DoT rather than maxing armor and health and praying your fierce attack hits the right goblin...
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. ok, I was told this online about runes but not sure if its true....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived