Better hold on to your copies guys, this'll become a collector's item in 2013

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. Better hold on to your copies guys, this'll become a collector's item in 2013

User Info: spooie

spooie
4 years ago#11
The game will be no more a collector's item than every other random game that ever came out is a collector's item. The fact of the matter is that ALL games eventually cease production.

Gamestop a month ago threw something like 300 game titles from their store in a furnace because they no longer sold and they couldn't think of a way to get people to take them. Games like Sky Odyssey or Unison or even Madden 2002 were obliterated. The same theory that Too Human becoming a sudden collector's item would mean that all 300+ of the those titles are pretty much a collector's item too.

So why is everyone so concerned about getting a copy of THIS game now, when they could have picked up the 300+ games Gamestop was getting rid of for a combined price of around $30?
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!

User Info: iusefebreze

iusefebreze
4 years ago#12
I for one bought a new copy. I put in so many hours having a new copy just seems right. I just checked amazon and since i purchased mine the price has doubled.
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.

User Info: NewCastlEmperor

NewCastlEmperor
4 years ago#13
So why is everyone so concerned about getting a copy of THIS game now, when they could have picked up the 300+ games Gamestop was getting rid of for a combined price of around $30?

Because not only its destruction was announced extremely early, but also its source code will be destroyed, therefore preventing any further rerelease years later.

User Info: Guirec730

Guirec730
4 years ago#14
For the record, games at Gamestop don't get "thrown into a furnace", they get "pennied out", which means that the price sticker prints out at $00.01 and they are to be field destroyed out back...

...which generally means that employees take them.
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.

User Info: gambit444

gambit444
4 years ago#15
Any one know if the game will still be playable over xbox live after...what was it, dec 3rd? When all copies are to be destroyed?
Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald,

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
4 years ago#16
Theoretically, it could become a collector's item. However, people would really be over estimating how much that really means. Best case scenario, Too Human 2 comes out and it is the greatest game ever and has super devoted die hard fans that absolutely must have a copy of the original Too Human. A near mint copy of Too Human would still only get about $15. Granted, it's much better than the $3 it currently goes for, but it's never going to be a title that goes for more than that.

User Info: Stonedwolfed

Stonedwolfed
4 years ago#17
I'll pay a million a copy. Two million if you sign them.

Not dollars, mind, but TONS OF GOLD. A million tons of gold.

Or two if you have a pen.
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. Better hold on to your copies guys, this'll become a collector's item in 2013

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived