so, is SK done for?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. so, is SK done for?

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
4 years ago#1
After the heavy loss of that lawsuit, is Silicon Knights essentially gone? They're a pretty small studio that I highly doubt can afford that settlement. In fact, with all the news of other studios going bankrupt and what not, I'm shocked I haven't heard the status of SK yet.

does anyone know?
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
4 years ago#2
The lawsuit really didn't matter. The problem is X-Men Destiny did far too poorly, so no one wants to invest with them. If that game did half decently Epic it wouldn't have come down to a lawsuit.

User Info: GodDogs

GodDogs
4 years ago#3
the lawsuit started with Too Human, not X-men. SK blamed Epic and felt the need to tweak the Unreal engine and call it their own, just so they could release the game as they did.

X-Men came much later, just before the lawsuit ended.
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.

User Info: FenrirXIII

FenrirXIII
4 years ago#4
Of course they are done for. I can't see how. Back years ago, like 2008-2010? ish, a few yrs after TH released, there was a news article how SK was low on funds and was able to secure 1 or 2 mil from the local canadian government under the pretext of saving canadian jobs on struggling businesses or something. So they've been really low on funds since -then-. I can't imagine they can even afford to pay off their settlement w/o selling off the business assets.
GT: Ezmarii/CapitalStorm91
rent my dragons dogma pawns! :)
  1. Boards
  2. Too Human
  3. so, is SK done for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived