Any way to save screenshots or photos in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
  3. Any way to save screenshots or photos in this game?

User Info: EliteVirtuoso

EliteVirtuoso
8 years ago#1
Ive been playing Rumble Roses XX and it has a photo shoot mode where you can take pictures and still shots and such, can you do anything like that in this game, I know there are pole dances and stuff, but can you save stillshots or take photos?

User Info: Gofishus

Gofishus
8 years ago#2
Yes and one of the features of this game is that you can take pictures during any gravure shot.

User Info: GnatB

GnatB
8 years ago#3
Yes, but the only way to view them is in-game. There is no available export functionality, and AFAIK nobody has ever figured out the format to create their own export tool.

User Info: Gofishus

Gofishus
8 years ago#4
Use a digital camera.

User Info: darkfire9430

darkfire9430
8 years ago#5
The Nice Spike! girl figured out a way, before her site was tragically taken down. It involved screen capturing software or hardware.

GnatB
8 years ago#6
Well, yeah. You can naturally use a video capture device to take "photos" in any game. It's not exactly the same thing as simply going to your xbox and seeing them in the photos directory or w/e, or simply running a program on the already saved data to convert it to something standard.

User Info: tvcom2

tvcom2
8 years ago#7
I'm more interested in capturing full HD video off the box. Haven't seen any consumer device for that yet.

GnatB
8 years ago#8
Blame the movie industry. Half the point of the HDMI format (and HDCP) is to prevent 100% accurate digital recording of the video. I'm not sure whether or not they succeeded, but I believe they were trying to even make it illegal to manufacture hardware that violates HDCP protocol.

GnatB
8 years ago#9
And yes, some quick research shows that violating HDCP is, in fact, illegal. Sorta explains why you can't easily find any for sale.

User Info: tvcom2

tvcom2
8 years ago#10
Well I knew there's a law (DMCA?) to something of that effect. Personally I think it won't stand up to a serious (expensive) legal challenge. Of course there may not even a need for a full frontal challenge. Devices (e.g. CD/DVD drives, police radar, or a pencil(!)) that violate one law or another are available in very open fashion.

Anyway I was hoping for a capture device that takes component input which won't have the technical (and potentially legal) issues of DHCP.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
  3. Any way to save screenshots or photos in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived