Requesting Full Translation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Requesting Full Translation?

User Info: mesleroos1135

mesleroos1135
3 years ago#1
Any chance of the game being fully translated? Meaning complete with the plot dialogues and all. Don't get me wrong, the translation with the quest and items is good and all, but when I was playing I felt so lacking. I'm sure some of you guys feel as well. Much as I love Monster Hunter, I also love the bit of roleplaying that goes behind it.

Monster Hunter 1 is set in Kokoto and its expansion can be played in english with added contents in the port version Monster Hunter Freedom.
Monster Hunter 2G is set in Pokke and can be played in english with added contents in the port version Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Monster Hunter 2 is the only game set in Jumbo. And unfortunately, has no port version where the setting is also Jumbo.

I really just wish to know more about the characters and life in Jumbo.

So please please let there be a full translation. :(

(Nobody really answered my post from two years back and now it's locked so yeah, this would be a repost but I still badly want to play this game.)

User Info: monceblank

monceblank
3 years ago#2
Not fundamentally important, but yeah, a full english dos would be a nice add to my MH series.

But imo, the reason why it's haven't been done years ago, because no ones here japs or at least understand japs language.
Because unlike items, equipments, monsters, or quests names which can be adapted from other english port of MH series, these plot or npc dialogues need to be translated directly from dos.
Game > Anime > Movie > Surfing > Sport > Women
..can i be deemed as an Otaku??

User Info: mesleroos1135

mesleroos1135
3 years ago#3
I'm pretty sure someone here (was it Burango or MonsterHunterTE? not sure) who was able to translate those items based on their kanji symbols and all. Is it not applicable to dialogues as well?

*calling them out* :)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Requesting Full Translation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived