KOing Basarios.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. KOing Basarios.

User Info: Sotc_16

Sotc_16
3 years ago#1
Well,Wiki says that when you knock out a Basarios,he ''will flail its wings helplessly, causing the wind effect''.But,when I fought him with the Dragon Breaker hammer (plus a powercharm/talon), even though I was only souper pounding the head,it died before I manage to KO him!So,can you actually KO Basarios in this game?

User Info: monceblank

monceblank
3 years ago#2
Hmm.. if im not mistaken, ko status applicable for all monsters except lao, yama, and shen.

I've done it with gravios. he'll fell and roll over to the side, then lie down for few secs. so, since bas and gravy share the same move set, imo his ko'ed animation would pretty much the same.
i don't remember about the wind effect though..
Game > Anime > Movie > Surfing > Sport > Women
..can i be deemed as an Otaku??

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
3 years ago#3
You need to hit the leg so he will flinch and roll to the side, be careful though as it can hit you during his " side roll ". It applies to all monsters except minions and dromes. Yama, Lao and Shen can flinch too. Yama for tentacel, Lao and Shen for their legs.
I'm living

Sotc_16
3 years ago#4
So,what did I do wrong?As I said,I was super pounding the head,until he killed himself by running into explosive rocks(lol...).And with this hammer,I would expect him to fall over really fast.

No,Ephamera,I am not talking about flinching or tripping a monster.I am talking about making a monster fall over with stars above its head,by hitting it with a hammer/hunting horn.This is called KO status,and has almost the same effects as with tripping a monster,but they are not the same.

User Info: Vaxsan

Vaxsan
3 years ago#5
Yes, it is possible.
You were most probably not hitting the head, since you were using superpound.
http://www.youtube.com/VaxsanBR
http://mh2db.atwebpages.com/

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
3 years ago#6
Sorry, yeah you need to hit the head then...
I'm living

monceblank
3 years ago#7
Sotc_16 posted...
...And with this hammer,I would expect him to fall over really fast..

If i may add an addition, unlike flinch/stagger, iirc ko value got nothing to do with atk power. so, bigger atk power won't makes it faster at ko-ing.
also, iirc again, the value which done to the monster decrease over time.

So, try using a weaker hammer if you fight offline bas. and don't take too long interval between each hits.

btw, iirc, in dos there's no sign (like yellow sparks in tri, fu, or p3rd) when we succesfully hit monsters head right?
that's why i still like dos, it feels more real and a bit harder than newer mh series.

Sotc_16
3 years ago#8
So,basically,you are saying that it will take the same amount of hits to KO a monster,no matter whether I use Iron Hammer or Dragon Breaker?
When it comes to big intervals between hits...Well,that must be the problem!And yes,there are no sign when we hit a monster in the head.That must be the second problem! :P

User Info: Vaxsan

Vaxsan
3 years ago#9
Atk power doesn't matter, but sharpness does, so there is a huge difference between Iron Hammer and Dragon Breaker.
KO is applied like any other abnormal status (para, psn, slp), except only specific body regions receive it.
http://www.youtube.com/VaxsanBR
http://mh2db.atwebpages.com/

monceblank
3 years ago#10
Yep, ko value counted based on attack move.
i've read it somewhere (i forgot the site) a list of hammer attack moves along with its ko value. and iirc, the finisher of triple pound combo (the golfswing) deals the biggest ko value.

Anyway, ko-ing bas, grav, blosses and fatty is indeed harder than other monsters because their head is quite high.
i have no idea which opening is best for hitting bas head besides using traps.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. KOing Basarios.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived