Anyone ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
9 months ago#131
Yes it's fast, even an hour play, I can clear 4-5 quests. The fact there's farm make me only focus on hunting, and to speed things up, I always capture if it's possible.

I keep taking elder quest and neglected the guild hall, still in hr3 now. Actually I have no believe with my current equipment I can clear it. I use guardian set with death stench helm max upgrade with armor sphere + and sieglind. The esp skill and raw damage really help me breeze the majority of elder quests. I switch hammer for drome, crab and kirin, and eternal strife for elder dragon. Basically I only go to guild hall if I need to kill same monsters for the material. Like Kirin, probably I lucky when I got 4 his mane from elder quest then 2 from guild, hunt him 2 more and I got enough to make quickcaster. I clear elder gaoren urgent with that.

Back to Rajang, back in the dos day I have no doubt I hate this ape to the hell. But after watching a video on youtube from hunter named Njix or something, where he kill Rajang without armor and using gs. I learn a lot and get a hang of it. For me Rajang in Unite is more tolerable because he jumps back and roars when he got mad. Give you an enough distance to avoid his roar effect without earplug. Unlike in this game where he roars right off the bat when you hit him. Put your hunter vulnerable. This situation followed by his mad right left floor sweeping punch that 100% put me to cart if I don't heal before.
My own path has just begun

User Info: monceblank

monceblank
9 months ago#132
That's cool. You really breeze through it. Well, i'm just an average hunter up until now, so i wouldn't be able to stand against rajang, fata, or hr/g monsters without spends hours for prepping lol.

What about the new monsters? What do you think? Back then, when i play fu for the first time, narga pawned me hard. Aka is easy, but Uka give me hell. And yama is a lol compared to dos yama.
404-[Error Loading Signature]

Ephamera
9 months ago#133
Haven't seen those quest up until now. They must be High Rank monsters. Probably close since the cat quest is available. But I'll go check on youtube to watch their movement.

Tigrex looks badass at first but is no longer a threat now. Just like the first monster hunter game on egg delivery with Rathalos, Tigrex pop up on Popo Tounge and herb quest and I run instead since I'm only with 6 defense mofumofu armor >.<

Narga looks more agile than Tigrex, while Aka and Uka gigantic body look threatening to me. I'll update in a week. In high rank I'll aim to get ceanataur armor asap and better gs with better sharpness. I haven't even take a single treasure hunting quest yet until now. I think I've watched Yama video when I was looking dos Yama, I watched unite Yama. You fight in some sort of floor in tower with half circular floor, the char uses smolder dragonsword and move left to right while atacking. I was like wow that's easy Yama in dos is not like that. Probably low rank yama.

Anyway it's too bad that sns is reverted to the first game. The way sns ability in dos it's the reason I use it sometimes.

User Info: TwistedDarkKane

TwistedDarkKane
9 months ago#134
Alright, i killed the big raptor, and that gave me some good cash.

Gonna try completing the bubble quest for the alchemist cat in the village.

Isn't there any to get rid of those cats that steal your stuff in battle? they don't seen to die no matter what i do..

monceblank
9 months ago#135
Just attack them, and they'll go away when dying. The animation shows they're just escaping by digging underground, but you've "technically" killing them. Probably need a few hits if you're using normal shots. If you're lucky, they'll drop shinies.

There are some areas/quest which spawn minions like raptors/those cats infinitely, but that's quite rare.

TwistedDarkKane
9 months ago#136
Haha, counting this game, i already played 3 games were the cat never dies for real lol.

Tenchu, Shinobido and this.

And now i'm playing Raidou vs Souless Army were a cat is helping me .

Anyway thanks,gonna continue later.

TwistedDarkKane
9 months ago#137
wow this is so tedious.

If this was more about facing the monsters i would be mid game right now, but i don't feel like collectiing those things for those village people. Screw them.

I am now testing how the hammer works. its cool, lots of few hits kills.

Attacking with analog stick sucks. Seriously.

Ephamera
9 months ago#138
Finally Nargacuga quest has opened and cleared. First hunt is straight forward, aim for the head and kill asap. Already have full cean, with killer schyte gs I have white sharpness which is very helpfull. I don't KO even once. Checking on waeponsmith, Narga gs is on the list and I want it so badly. Too bad not enough materials. I have to hunt once more which is in the Old Jungle and it's damn troublesome because of thick trees. I KO twice because this time I also try to break his tail and both claws making the hunt longer, not forget to mention the annoying minions. Back to the village, and first Narga gs is craftable, create it from Tigrex gs to avoid using Narga brainstem. And tada, I have purple sharpness gs.

Anyway it's good to be back to the Old areas. Oh, I've also been clearing the training, and gunning seems fun. I try Rajang with LBG, and have no problem. Shogun Cean which is always make use potion as blademaster, couldn't touch me either.

I decided to redo final invitation as gunner, using my Quickcaster I build Conga armor mix with Chrome set to ge normal up. I spend 15 flashbomb in the first one and safely keep shoothing him. I must say that HBG is harder than LBG for Rajang, with LBG I keep moving and position myself to aim wathever I can shoot without needing to use first person view. With HBG I have to make safe distance to roll, and switch to first person view to aim, swith back to third person view to ready roll and move camera. I also forget to bring Mega Juice so sometimes I stop rolling to regain my stamina. I killed the first one almost in 10 minutes. The second one take longer but I killed it in the end. After that switch back to Narga gs and full Cean, redo again, and killed the first one in 5 minutes. No flashbombing this time because I am blademaster. This put me on the last line of cat quest.

monceblank
8 months ago#139
What?! Kills narga on the first try without KO'd. Wow. Back then, it took me few times before i can finally kill one. And still KO'd alot by his tail slam, until i learned his moveset at my 20+th narga lol.

Btw, you can unlock some more quest from that elder cat/nekoht. Like gold ian, silver los, and aka.

Ephamera
8 months ago#140
Probably because I've watched some videos where Narga looks like a joke to them. Including one with Heroic and one without armor. Lv 3 ( or 2 if time is short ) charge his head after he jumps recklessly. The second time though I KO twice because trying to mess around breaking his tail and claws where aiming his head is actually easier.

Yes, I've seen them. That's for this week. Can't wait to reach G Rank.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived