Anyone ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
6 months ago#141
I've killed Elder Akantor, that's leave me with Monster Hunter quest only.

I wonder how does Ultra / Mega Lucky Cat work ? Is it like Luck 10 / 15 ?

Twice I've activated Mega Lucky and the reward doesn't seem more than the usual boxes.
My own path has just begun

User Info: monceblank

monceblank
6 months ago#142
What?! Iirc, nekoht aka unlocked after gold ian and silver los. And iirc (again), to open them you have to kill 30 of each ian and los plus 100 total wyvern killed. Back then, i do this by kill 50 ian and los each. And it took me quite LOTS of time. Not to mention the boredom of repeatedly do the same monster over and over again, i need to stop and refresh my mind with another game a few times. Do yo grind through them everyday? Wow. Anyway, congrats. Did you kill it on the first try?

So, only uka left huh, he's quite harder than aka imo. Especially because of the falling ice chunk. Oh, queen vespoid, have you met one? She's more like a joke quest though.

And yeah, ultra/mega lucky cat just giving chance of more normal reward. I never bother with it.
404-[Error Loading Signature]

Ephamera
5 months ago#143
Really ??? I never know that prequisite. After I check on my game I've killed 24 ian and 25 los. But if I have to total with another wyvern I'm sure I've hit more than 100. Is Chepalos counted as well ? I kill 58 of them by any chance, can't let them pass me so I always eject and kill them with my gs :). That's my most kill. Kut Ku second with 42, he mostly there on Gathering quest so I kill him as well.

monceblank
5 months ago#144
Whaat? Dang, information on teh interweb could be misleading sometimes. I got that info for unlocking them from mhfu board. Iirc, they even mention only big wyvern counts.

I remembered, i was only halfway through the guild, when suddenly have the urge to unlock them. And so i do the los/ian grindfest. Lol, what a waste of time i guess. Kinda funny though, after spent years on the series yet i'm still noob.
Swii~ng ('-_-)

Ephamera
5 months ago#145
Haha I really don't know if there's such thing, I just do quest normally when the urgent Aka suddenly pop up. The multiple wyvern hunt seems help me alot to reach 100, like the Kut Ku and Basarios, I don't remember how many I've killed them in single quest, but I finish when 10 minutes pop up on the screen. While killing Kut Ku take only 3-5 minutes using Hammer.

That's leave me with Uka and Lavasioth. Queen Vespoid is kinda annoying if she manage to put "bug parfume" on you, the whole Vespoid suddenly surround you.

I kill Aka on first quest, get K.Oed once though, get myself cornered with awful camera view, try to use Mega Potion but reward money decreased appears. My favorite food is Meat + Veggie to have Hp 40 and Large Attack Boost, instead of Kirin Cheese + Goldencheese Brew for Hp Stamina + 50. 10 Hp doesn't make any difference imo in High Rank and I'm sure in G Rank later. Using fully upgraded Cean armor it's still 2 hit death against Aka, it looks he is comparable to G Rank creature.

monceblank
5 months ago#146
Wow, you're pretty good huh, able to kill monsters at the first try/encounter.

And yeah, totally forgot lavasioth. That darn roasted fish is really hard for me. You should try it. What hr are you now?
Swii~ng ('-_-)

Ephamera
5 months ago#147
Although I kill new monsters on first try, that doesn't mean I kill it without problem. 10 Mega Potion, 10 Potion + Honey, 2 Max Potion, 1 Ancient Potion, 10 Blue Mushrom + Herb are always in my bag haha.

Most notably is I still can't get pass Narga tail swipe like people do. I try to stay out of his range or Superman Dive >_<

Akantor charge also damn annoying, he's slow as Khezu and Chameleos but his gigantic body means wider range. His first charge when the hunt begins cut my health to half, get myself pass his front leg using that dive but get hit by his rear leg. Or when he digs and comes out far to the opposite side and then charge that's the problem. Later I may bring small barrel bomb to explode my self when he charge toward me. It makes me invincible during blown up, and takes only small damage.

Found on google my first G Rank armor will be
Skull Face Helm
Conga Z Torso
Akantor Hand
Akantor Pants
Akantor Leg
Gemmed can give skill like Sharpness +1, Reckles Abandon 3, and Sword Sharpen.

Definitelly I need to redo Akantor quest 2-3 more times.

I'm HR6, got Fatalis open. Duo Kirin seems trouble with hammer, I want to Pellet 3 him, but still don't have proper gunner armor set yet.

monceblank
5 months ago#148
Well, bring a full tank of supplies and succeed is better than having to redo quest a few times.

I find aka and lao pretty similar, so i always using lance against him. So i don't have any issue fighting him. Just keep block and poke, and back hop before he roar, I can kill and break/cut all of his parts easily.

And yes, gunning kirin is fun :D
Swii~ng ('-_-)

Ephamera
5 months ago#149
Wohoo reach G** quest by now, or HR8. There are still unclear quests though like HR6 Duo Kirin, and some HR7 Epic Hunting quests. I just can't stop myself to take down G Narga once the urgent quest pop up so I can upgrade my GS. Right after I got final Narga GS, I decided to try Monster Hunter Quest, I change Sword Sharpen gems with Percieve to quick capture and save time. After my 4th I finally clear it with full reward money, means no K.O. I must say I'm able to do it because of some luck. There are 5-6 occasions when I should have been carted by one more hit, but the monster turns into my cat instead.

1st Reset, I set pitfall trap but Rathalos charges and throws me, and my first tranq bomb doesn't hit because I'm too far >_< and I don't bring material for it means I can't capture all monsters.
2nd Bring bomb mat + tranq if silly thing happen again. Tigrex is damn annoying since he keep charging from end to end of the area, he's not turning yellow yet while time is only 22 minutes left, reset. K.O once during Tigrex. This Tigrex is big, and takes two lv3 charge to stagger his head. Everytime I land charge on his head and he's not stagger it means I'm taking hit next.
3rd Taking Tigrex still takes too much time, finish him with time 26 minutes left, but I get a feeling it may not enough for the last two. No K.O but waste many Restoratives. Reset.
4th Finish Los with 43 minutes left. Play aggresive during Tigrex by attack mainly his claw and roll, lv2 charge after he jumps twice to attack whatever I can hit and roll. And he's yellow at minute of 33. I only have 6 Mega Pot, 1 Max Pot and 1 Ancient Pot left. Narga while is more speedy with his kinda random move is still easier because of more opening. Finish him at minute of 16 left, takes longer than Tigrex because I use Farcaster to go bed many times haha. Rajang parts only leave me with 1 Mega Pot, 1 Max Pot and 1 Ancient Pot, 1 farcaster and 2 attemps. Things getting rushy when 5 minutes remaining pop up, and the clock become red. Finally one last hit on his rear leg during laser beam turn him yellow. Put shock trap, tranq him and quest completed. Time only 1:59 left.

Thanks for my cat for saving me.

I've just uploaded screenshoot on this site for a proof, once it's approved I can link it.

monceblank
5 months ago#150
Wow, no ko, that's cool. I have to build an end game gear and practice alot for that quest, back then.

And oh, you bring your cat to quest. I nearly never bring cat, that i forgot we can do it lol. I play the game back when ad hoc was full and bring cat isn't cool says some elitist.
Swii~ng ('-_-)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived