Help with the Burango patches (noob)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Help with the Burango patches (noob)

User Info: Diskence

Diskence
2 years ago#1
So, I've been reading around about the Burango patches, and I'd like some help with which to choose.
Since this will be my first MH game (and since I've only got a PS2 atm, that's the "newest" MH i can play), I'd want a patch with the normal difficulty or not much harder. And basically from what I've seen, MHDOSAG and MHDOSAG+ are harder patches, so not for me. And MHDOSA (+, ++, +++) are patches with less difficulty modifications.
My question is, which MHDOSA patch should I play, the original one, +, 2+ or 3+? I'm thinking either 2+ or 3+ since they have both offline and online quests, but is there much difference between them?
Or should I play the patches in order?

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
2 years ago#2
Hello there,

Definitelly play the alt ( non + ) patch until you get decent wep and arm. Then move to alt ++. Those two is enough to have fun with, unless you need more fun hunting one in four bosses.

I can't remember what are the differences between alt +2 and alt +3, but you can just simply back to burango site to check it by yourself haha. The only thing I remember is In alt +2 & 3 you'll only have HR Rahjan while in Alt G+ you can have duo LR Rahjan.
I'm living
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 2
  3. Help with the Burango patches (noob)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived