Nomura's Team inspired H.R Giger

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Nomura's Team inspired H.R Giger

User Info: zak234

zak234
9 years ago#1
FFXIII summon, beast look like H.R Giger. Shiva looks like a version from H.R Giger. I hope you know H.R Giger.

User Info: Shadow_Beforet

Shadow_Beforet
9 years ago#2
What the **** is H.R Giger?
I don't care who you are, where you live, or what you have done. Chances are that, in the near future, I will kill you.

User Info: Vicious756

Vicious756
9 years ago#3
i hope you meant nomura's team WAS inspired by H.R. Giger. that said........no, no they werent.

User Info: FuguNabe

FuguNabe
9 years ago#4
H.R. Giger is the artist behind designs of the Xenomorph in Alien movie series. His artwork has been around for awhile. I doubt Nomura inspired Giger considering how long Giger's work has been around for hence I'm going to assume TC got wrote the topic title the wrong way around. That said it's possible some of the monsters and summon design from the last two FF has some inspiration from Giger's work. Nomura has some input into monster and summonable creature design but he's not wholely responsible for it I don't think. I remember somebodyelse being in charge of monster design correct me if I'm wrong.
The PC, PS3, Wii and X360 are coexisting peacefully in the living room. The DSL and my laptop likes to travel with me...

User Info: zak234

zak234
9 years ago#5
Yes, I mean that Nomura's team was inspired by H.R Giger. If you look the H.R Giger arts you can see different combination. Woman-species-metal-bike, this is a combination from H.R Giger. There are so many different things. In FFXIII is Shiva-metal-ice-species ( somewhat )-motorbike. If you don't know H.R Giger, then google it or go to google images. H.R Giger and Yoshitaka Amano are both long years great artists.

User Info: marshalbanana

marshalbanana
9 years ago#6
Just a warning to anyone about to google H.R. Geiger's stuff: It's not for the feint of heart, to say the least.

I don't really see much similarity between the Shivacycle we've seen in the trailers and H.R. Geiger stuff. His art is much darker and more graphic. I don't think he really invented the whole bio-mechanical thing.

I would say a lot of the monster design is in that same vein but not necessarily inspired by H.R. Geiger.

User Info: marshalbanana

marshalbanana
9 years ago#7
oops... I spelt 'is name wrongs

lawl

User Info: TheStrangenessS

TheStrangenessS
9 years ago#8
h.r. giger's artwork is amazing but damn he draws some ****ed up **** hehe...
I'm painting the room in a colorful way and when my mind is wandering there I will go - P. McCartney
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Nomura's Team inspired H.R Giger

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived