Dear Friend...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Matt_McK

Matt_McK
4 years ago#1
Okay, like a n00B I accidentally cancelled one of my Quests - the Reinbach Dear Friend one. Alas, I hadn't saved in a while - also a school-boy error I understand - and now I simply can't get the quest to reappear. But I do have Salt. And Reinbach has shown up in Middleport, beside himself.

The question is, will the Quest reappear now that I cancelled it by accident? I have no issue with recruiting Reinbach I expect as he is there, he can be spoken to, so I assume I can do the rest of the quest. But will I be credited for it?

I want a 'Best' rating in the Quest business, you understand. :)

If it doesn't reappear, can I still get 'S' ranking? I mean, you don't even need to do all the quests, surely, as that causes an issue between Chiepoo and Mr. X...

Who the heck is Mr. X anyway?
Check out www.epwuk.co.uk for the best in British backyard wrestling!

User Info: KFCrispy

KFCrispy
4 years ago#2
all the quests except I maybe one can be completed successfully no matter how many times you fail or cancel them. try sailing around to pass several game-days and/or save-load and go back to the Quest Guild.
from what i have been seeing in the old suikosource messages, you will be able to complete every quest except 1 specific one that you purposely fail to unlock another quest.
suikosource.com - Your Source for Suikoden

User Info: Matt_McK

Matt_McK
4 years ago#3
So why is Dear Friend... not reappearing? It's been a *long* time in game. I haven't gotten to the Rose Crest yet and I'm hoping it's still unlockable...

I'm just paranoid I'm scuppered my chances of unlocking all the characters. :(

But seriously, just sailing and / or continuing with the game isn't making Dear Friend... reappear. :(

-Jeremiah Ecks,
happy to be happy.
Check out www.epwuk.co.uk for the best in British backyard wrestling!

KFCrispy
4 years ago#4
sorry i'm not sure what to tell you.... people rarely experiment with the quests in this game....

KFCrispy
4 years ago#5
i played around experimenting with taking and canceling the quest and just like you, i couldn't get it to reappear.

i've updated the Suikosource recruitment information to say not to cancel the quest........ thanks for the information............ at least future players will know! :/

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
4 years ago#6
AFAIK when you see Reinbach losing his Rose Crest, Nanami's theme plays, correct?
I do not... fear death... only loneliness...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived