Coming from PS1 SD, adjustment issues

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2006
  3. Coming from PS1 SD, adjustment issues

User Info: 00509

4 years ago#1
OK, I got this to go with an old PS2 console I inherited & don't regret the $5 at Exchange. Read just about all the FAQs over on the relevant page and am pleased therewith. That said, I'm having difficulty adjusting to some things. Adivice requested; thanks much.

1) Aim. I realize that the large, bright circles at everyone's feet on the PS1 may look garish & break immersion. Now, however, it's tough for me to figure out who I'm targeting, and my Clean guy attacking his tag partners & the referee got real old real fast.

2) Tag support. I realize that having one's partner come in to break up a pin/submission is a good idea. The opposition does it automatically, and my side did too back in the day. What do I have to hit to ensure that my team comes in to represent, since they seem to be content to just stand there & watch?

3) Match Veteran. Does this require each-and-every possible option on the Exhibition menu be played & won, just played to an end, played & quit, or some other requirement?

4) Press-elimination. OK, the Rumble is even more gimmicky than it was in the old day (though at least the meter gives everyone one throw-out before being eliminated, so that's a net benefit). For the super-heavy press & throw eliminations, I've seen conflicting information, so asking to resolve the conflict: is it the Power grapple to pick someone up, a specific direction of grapple, or something else?

5) Divas. I liked Chyna in SD1 (so much as to win the WWF title, back when it was the WWF) & made other comparably-tough woman wrestlers in SD2. (Vic Viper was *nasty*.) Am I to understand that I can't make a cruiserweight woman in this one?

6) Stable leveling. So far as I can tell there's no way to bring out a stable, as such, in Season. Even though I have XP from a successful Raw season and am halfway through Smackdown, I can't spend it on the stable (two CAWs, one for each season.) What am I missing?

Thanks for your time & consideration.

User Info: thaflu

thaflu
4 years ago#2
bump

User Info: 00509

4 years ago#3
Thanks for the bump. Found some of my own answers, but not everything.

Female wrestlers can be set to whatever weight class you like, but are permanently excluded from Ladder/TLC, Hardcore, First Blood, Cage/Cell, and I think the Brawls.

Gagh. Vic Viper was meant for First Blood.

Press-elimination appears to be the Power grapple.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2006
  3. Coming from PS1 SD, adjustment issues

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived