Should I just end the series at RE5?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. Should I just end the series at RE5?

User Info: GangrenousKhan

GangrenousKhan
4 years ago#1
When I pick games to play from videogame franchises, I try to pick the very best, while neglecting to play other games in the franchise because of a loss of quality that franchises seem to suffer after awhile. There have been exceptions to this of course (MGS).

I am fairly new to the Resident evil franchise. I downloaded and watched/played all of the Resident evil movies and the first 2 video games (RE1 and RE2) over the past week. My plan is to round the series off with RE 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I am most likely not going to play 6, since, according to the general consensus, it is a complete mess, which contrasts with the other games because they got very good reviews. Not only that, but I heard that the primary story line started with RE1 ended in 5. So 6 sounds like it is some kind of addendum.

Without giving away any spoilers, can anyone tell me if I will be able to get a full quality story with RE 5 and call it a day?
"He raged at the world, at his family, at his life. But mostly he just raged." - Raging Goblin flavor text, Magic the Gathering Card
(message deleted)

User Info: este914

este914
4 years ago#3
I'd play in this order;

0, 1, 2, 3, C:VX, 4, 5, 6, Revelations

Have fun!
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!

User Info: doobiemaster420

doobiemaster420
4 years ago#4
truly you can just stop at re4, play everything on the ps1 and ps2 and dont worry about anything after.

Make sure you get the outbreak files 1 and 2, they always tend to get looked over but they are really awesome.
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it." Bane.

User Info: millimayne

millimayne
4 years ago#5
^ Agree with that, but I also recommend playing 5 and Revelations. 5 is an ok game, just not a great Resident Evil game. It is amazing for co-op though! And the story does have value for fans who have played the past games in the series.

And then Revelations is just fantastic.
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd

User Info: torey_caylor

torey_caylor
4 years ago#6
After beating RE 1,2,3, play Veronica X (direct sequel to RE2), REmake and RE0. Then call it quits.

Don't even bother with RE5 and 6. RE4 is a bad Resident Evil game, but an ok standalone title.. Lots of people like it.
If I offended you, you needed it!

User Info: RiKuToTheMiGhtY

RiKuToTheMiGhtY
4 years ago#7
RE 5 is a lot better then RE 6 but is not as good to long time fans as RE 4 as some of the new stuff in RE 5 is not good but RE 6 is by far the worst of the series to date which is pretty sad as RE 5 should have been as "low" as they went but RE 6 is far worse.

I have not even bothered with the collectibles or even finished RE 6 as I never played Ada's campaign after beating the other 3, and of the three Leon's is the best but still could have been better. In RE 5 I got every collectible and all the DLC as I still liked RE 5 enough but RE 6 was a let down.
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
4 years ago#8
Anything that has come out after 5 with Resident Evil in the title has been awful.

User Info: DestinyKnot

DestinyKnot
4 years ago#9
Plant42 posted...
Anything that has come out after 5 with Resident Evil in the title has been awful.

Except for Mercs. 3D 'n' Revelations ^____^;

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
4 years ago#10
DestinyKnot posted...
Plant42 posted...

Except for Mercs. 3D 'n' Revelations ^____^;

Mercs 3D? Are you serious?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 5
  3. Should I just end the series at RE5?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived