I have evidence that proves it didn't go off-track during Akzeriuth *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of the Abyss
  3. I have evidence that proves it didn't go off-track during Akzeriuth *Spoilers*

User Info: felixrush

felixrush
8 years ago#1
WARNING: Long ass writing alert.

The Score would never have gone off-track if this hypothesis of Jade's was true.

From the Skits section:

264: The Seventh Fonstone Score [SK264]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LUKE: I wonder what the Seventh Fonstone says about the future. I wonder if
it's an unpleasant future, like Master Van says...

ION: No one knows the answer to that question. No one, except the descendants
of Yulia...

MIEU: Mieuu... Even cheagles don't know.

NATALIA: Perhaps...perhaps Van chose to destroy the original world and create
a new one all because he knew that Score?

JADE: It is true that, aside from Luke's appearance, Yulia's Score has been
an almost perfect predictor of history. If Luke himself is foretold in
the Score of the Seventh Fonstone, then perhaps...

GUY: Hey! We're here to lower the Outer Lands and protect our world, right?

JADE: I was speaking hypothetically. I think that if Luke WERE mentioned in
the Score of the Seventh Fonstone, Van would never have created him in
the first place.

ANISE: So you mean Luke's existence wasn't foretold by Yulia?

JADE: ...No, probably not. Hypothetically, of course.

NATALIA: In any case, the Seventh Score... No, the whole of Yulia's Score
plainly holds significant power over this world.

TEAR: ...Huh? ...Yes...I suppose.

LUKE: ...Tear?

TEAR: I'm sorry. Don't worry, it's nothing...

This skit..always bothered me because of what Jade says...

I think I've found conclusive proof that Yulia's Score never went off-track..at least..not until the Peace Treaty and possibly St.Binah's fall...

You see, I only just noticed a tiny hole in the opinions of the party about the Score going off-track because of Luke and because fomicry, both of which apparently weren't predicted in the Score.

I realized something that should have been strikingly obvious to all of us.

Van destroyed Hod.

Why is this relevant?

Van destroyed Hod...through fomicry.

There is no way an 11 year old could have destroyed a whole continent any other way. Van was used as a test subject to create hyperresonance through fomicry.

Van was predicted by the Score to be forced to do such an act.

Therefore, Fomicry was predicted in Yulia's Score.

And that means Replica Luke is the "Light of the Sacred Flame" they speak of because fomicry had been predicted.

"Destroying himself" could have just meant on a personal level with the city added on into the sentence as an entirely different thing he also destroyed.

Ion's fonstone reading about the "Light of Sacred Flame" going to a city of fonmachines would mean the "Light of Sacred Flame" was meant to survive Akzeriuth's explosion. Or..the possibility of a replica.

Either way, if the "Light of Sacred Flame" was meant to die in Akzeriuth then Replica Luke was meant to go to the Tower of Rem according to Ion's last reading in Mt.Zaleho

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0309U1XJbs ---skip to 6:45 and read clearly what Ion says, all of it.)

Then either Luke was suppose to go through Akzeriuth and the Tower of Rem or just the Tower of Rem.

Regardless, Luke was definitely in Yulia's Score, and just by existing, gives Van a big slap in the face.
"RROD, Fanboy, Weeaboo"
Translation: I have nothing intelligent to say.

User Info: Kajitani-Eizan

Kajitani-Eizan
8 years ago#2
uh... the score doesn't predict replicas. no replicas were involved in the destruction of hod, iirc. it was some kind of fomicry-related hyperresonance device.
Go beyond the impossible and check out my website at:
http://www.geocities.com/blade_2187/

felixrush
8 years ago#3

Fomicry: The ability to replicate.

They REPLICATED Van's fonon frequency by an artificial machine.
"RROD, Fanboy, Weeaboo"

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
8 years ago#4
Part of the idea is the score is flexible and strong enough to continue even if small events at variants with it occur. They talk about how Luke may be fulfilling the score by destroying the replicas in the Tower of Rem as it is also a mining town, which could be the one he was predicted to destroy.

I think in a Van fight conversation they say Luke's creation took the Score off track but Van said something so minor isn't enough to vanquish the score, hence his adoption of such an extreme solution.

felixrush
8 years ago#5
The "Light of Sacred Flame" going to the Tower of Rem was predicted in the 7th fonstone Ion read before he died.

See, here is the thing, I'm arguing it didn't go off-track and that Replica Luke was at least predicted in one of the two incidents (Rem and Akzeriuth) most likely both.

Van destroyed Hod through means of fomicry, therefore fomicry had to have been included in the Score.
"RROD, Fanboy, Weeaboo"

User Info: sephiraruku

sephiraruku
8 years ago#6
uh... the score doesn't predict replicas. no replicas were involved in the destruction of hod, iirc. it was some kind of fomicry-related hyperresonance device.

Oh look, fun-fun funny man!

Fomicry makes replicas. Van was forced to destroy Hod through fomicry-related reseach (and remember, at the time, they were taking replica data from Hod as research).

Van destroyed Hod via his own replica data = Fomicry was included.

User Info: sephiraruku

sephiraruku
8 years ago#7
^...in the Score.

Kajitani-Eizan
8 years ago#8
the score doesn't predict replicas. (or was it isofon replicas?) no replicas were involved in hod.

the question is, what is fomicry, exactly, and does it always involve producing (isofon) replicas? is fomicry defined anywhere? and are you sure it is all of fomicry that the score doesn't predict, or only that which deals with producing (isofon) replicas?

additionally, if you're correct, wouldn't that make van's entire motivation absolutely, positively idiotic? considering that in that case, it was his *own action* that showed that replicas are not immune to the score, making his entire plan completely pointless?

felixrush
8 years ago#9
*To the part about Van*

^ Duh?

That was the result of this idea that I'm expressing

Isofons would have had to be part of the Score for Van to have been able to destroy Hod.

Remember, Van was shackled to the Score more so than anyone else. It actually fits for him to have unknowingly done the Score's bidding.

Now, if Isofons, perfect replicated fonon frequency i.e. Luke since he's a perfect replica right down to the fonon frequency, were predicted in the Score, i.e. Van destroying Hod. Then logically Luke was predicted in the Score.

It's further given weight by Ion's last fonstone reading as specified in my very first post., something you purposely ignored because you want to feel superior to everyone else.

The fact remains, Van couldn't have destroyed Hod had it not been for fomicry. Fomicry was the key ingrediant for Hod's destruction.

the score doesn't predict replicas. (or was it isofon replicas?) no replicas were involved in hod.

No, no, a machine was used to copy Van's fonon frequency to create a hyperresonance which lead to Hod's destruction. Replica data had been extracted from citizens of Hod by the Malkuth military at the time of the Hod war for fomicry research purposes in the military. I was speaking of two separate things, sorry to confuse you.

the question is, what is fomicry, exactly, and does it always involve producing (isofon) replicas? is fomicry defined anywhere? and are you sure it is all of fomicry that the score doesn't predict, or only that which deals with producing (isofon) replicas?

Alright, now I'm seriously wondering if you played the game at all....

Fomicry is the ability to create copies of an object be it animate or inanimate. They still have variations though and are normally not perfect.

Luke, however, is the exception to this as is the machine used to make Van cause a hyperresonance, had they been slightly off, they wouldn't have been able to create hyperresonance's with there originals.

Luke and Asch can make hyperresonanace's on there own because they are the perfect isofons of Lorelei, the 7th fonon itself. They both resonate his frequency completely perfectly.Thus, they can use the 7th fonon and turn it into a hyperresonance via there fon slots.

Van's frequency was replicated perfectly to cause this as well through an artificial machine.

Yes, it's complicated, but these are the facts.
"RROD, Fanboy, Weeaboo"

Kajitani-Eizan
8 years ago#10
Isofons would have had to be part of the Score for Van to have been able to destroy Hod.

had they been slightly off, they wouldn't have been able to create hyperresonance's with there originals.

why? luke and tear are not isofons. yet they produced a hyperresonance.

It's further given weight by Ion's last fonstone reading as specified in my very first post., something you purposely ignored because you want to feel superior to everyone else.

oh yeah, i'm sure that's the reason. but go on, enlighten me. what specifically did ion read that suggests it is luke and not asch that is being predicted by the score?

The fact remains, Van couldn't have destroyed Hod had it not been for fomicry. Fomicry was the key ingrediant for Hod's destruction.

yes, but the fact remains that my question is, is the score supposed to be unable to predict fomicry at all, or just replicas?

No, no, a machine was used to copy Van's fonon frequency to create a hyperresonance which lead to Hod's destruction.

Van's frequency was replicated perfectly

are you sure van's exact fonon frequency was needed to be copied? and even if so, are you sure that that is supposedly unable to be predicted by the score? the only thing i remember for sure being "unable" to be predicted by the score is the existence of replicas.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of the Abyss
  3. I have evidence that proves it didn't go off-track during Akzeriuth *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Tales of the Abyss FAQ v5drachemeister1502/21/2015