Does anyone still care about a 6?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden V
  3. Does anyone still care about a 6?

User Info: AsmodeanBT

AsmodeanBT
1 month ago#11
Leon481 posted...
As much as I want to experience an epic final conflict with Harmonia

Yeah, well, that was never the plan so...
Prejudice is a great time saver. It enables you to form opinions without bothering to get facts.

User Info: KazumiAmano

KazumiAmano
1 month ago#12
AsmodeanBT posted...
Leon481 posted...
As much as I want to experience an epic final conflict with Harmonia

Yeah, well, that was never the plan so...

I always figured the series finale would be Harmonia's high priest or whatever he's called, doing something grandscale like Luc did in S3. A bunch of True Rune users would have to stop him, including a bunch of protagonists.

Maybe that's just my imagination running wild here.
Jan, come back when you're pregnant!

AsmodeanBT
1 month ago#13
In the latest available interview with Murayama in 2016 he was asked if Harmonia was the intended end-game and he answered that it had a role to play in the intended finale but it was not going to be about the player taking Harmonia down.

So yeah, it's just your imagination, much like this idea that gets thrown around that there was some sort of over-arching series plot that stopped with Suikoden III even though no such thing exists.
Prejudice is a great time saver. It enables you to form opinions without bothering to get facts.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
4 weeks ago#14
I'd like a Suikoden 6, sure.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
4 weeks ago#15
i'll buy it if it comes out
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: Bizarro_Raven

Bizarro_Raven
3 weeks ago#16
Suikoden is a fantastic series would pre-order that s*** if it popped up on PSN

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
1 week ago#17
I'd probably buy it if it looked like it was keeping to the series' roots. And of course if it had a physical release. If it's pretty much more of V then sign me up, but if they turned it into some kind of mutant hybrid QTE thing chock full of microtransactions then I'd just bleach my brain to forget I ever learned of it and move on.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 week ago#18
DaRk MaGe2004 posted...
I know I'd throw money down on 6 in an instant.

Don't know why they made all those side titles when they could've just done 6.

because they ran out of material from the creator in 5, so rather than muck up the main timeline with second string fluff they decided to do sidestories instead

User Info: Ephamera

Ephamera
1 week ago#19
Openworld S VI lol
My own path has just begun

AsmodeanBT
6 days ago#20
Lockeadon posted...

because they ran out of material from the creator in 5, so rather than muck up the main timeline with second string fluff they decided to do sidestories instead

That's not even remotely true. Suikoden IV is not based on anything Murayama left behind aside from the single mention of the Island Nations in Suikoden II, Suikoden V is losely based on some stuff mentioned in previous games and materials but still managed to contradict it.

Komuta expressly said he made Tierkreis because he thought the history and lore of the series became too unwieldy and was a deterrent to getting new players.
  1. Boards
  2. Suikoden V
  3. Does anyone still care about a 6?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.