Is there a reason why Elzam have his own song?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OG
  3. Is there a reason why Elzam have his own song?

User Info: hunkeelin

hunkeelin
4 years ago#1
4char as title said. Why does his song > boss songs? Why does his song always get the priority of playing over any other characters or tiers of enemies?

User Info: hyugaz

hyugaz
4 years ago#2
it was a bug in Alpha 2, since the fans appreciated it, they made it a default choice for every game he comes in, starting from OG1

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
4 years ago#3
hyugaz posted...
it was a bug in Alpha 2, since the fans appreciated it, they made it a default choice for every game he comes in, starting from OG1

OG1 is when it was a bug, they even intentionally put an exception to the override in Alpha 2 (Blue Danube). Also this game has more exceptions to the override than any previous game he was in.

User Info: Kaiser99

Kaiser99
4 years ago#4
Bosses/enemy characters have higher priority than player characters. Elzam started off as a boss/enemy character in OG1-GBA (his first appearance) and switches side later. The programmers neglected to code his BGM priority lowered to player-character after the switch, and a non-intentional bug was created where Trombe! overrode everything (even bosses!) in the game.

People loved it, so it's been made intentional ever since.

Also, I don't believe Elzam appears in this game, he's certainly not a player-character. Maybe he makes a cameo on a route I haven't taken?

User Info: salvadorfranz

salvadorfranz
4 years ago#5
Kaiser99 posted...
Bosses/enemy characters have higher priority than player characters. Elzam started off as a boss/enemy character in OG1-GBA (his first appearance) and switches side later. The programmers neglected to code his BGM priority lowered to player-character after the switch, and a non-intentional bug was created where Trombe! overrode everything (even bosses!) in the game.

People loved it, so it's been made intentional ever since.

Also, I don't believe Elzam appears in this game, he's certainly not a player-character. Maybe he makes a cameo on a route I haven't taken?

*looks at Ratsel*

Nope, no siree, Elzam is definitely not in this game, nope not at all.
http://www.youtube.com/rvlast
^My channel. Please visit and all that jazz. Also if you like, go subscribe to it.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
4 years ago#6
Ryuusei: I totally understand your pain...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/263/3/e/Trombe_Interrupt_by_hucky008.jpg
(Rai have Trombe ost as his ring tone)
  1. Boards
  2. Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen OG
  3. Is there a reason why Elzam have his own song?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived