I can't help it, this is the only version that is playable for me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV Advance
  3. I can't help it, this is the only version that is playable for me

User Info: InnerSolace

InnerSolace
4 years ago#1
I've attempted to play the SNES version of this game several times...and while I can get a couple hours into the game, I just can't continue with it. The translation, the fact that many items and equipment don't have descriptions (so you don't know what they do unless you're reading a guide or have extensive experience using them); these are the main reasons why I just can't play it.

Then comes the GBA version, which is great! The translation is much more tolerable, and the dialogue is more interesting to read; unlike FFVI, where I believe the SNES version > GBA version dialogue-wise.

I've tried so many times to get myself more into the SNES version, but I just can't. Is this a bad thing? Lol. I've always wanted to complete the SNES version, because it's the original, but I always find myself stopping and going back to the GBA version whenever I attempt to play the game.

Does anyone else feel the same about the two versions?

I really want the PSP version of FFIV, but alas...no PSP in my possession.
Burn in a fire, Xbox One.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV. This game has such an amazing, immersive atmosphere.

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
4 years ago#2
The SNES version is a very watered down version. It's not worth playing anymore outside of nostalgia or an interest to see the first release.

The PS1 version is a pretty true release of the Super Famicom original, but has mean load times.

The GBA version has some problems with a glitchy ATB system, but is a solid version. The EU version fixed the glitches.

The DS version is pretty much a complete overhaul and is pretty challenging. I don't think it's the best to be introduced to the game, but it's very much worth playing.

The PSP version is basically a better version of the GBA release, although they lowered the difficulty to the point that you can play it with your eyes closed.
How many emotions is people?

User Info: smeech8000

smeech8000
4 years ago#3
InnerSolace posted...
...unlike FFVI, where I believe the SNES version > GBA version dialogue-wise.

Indeed; Son of a submariner > Son of a sandworm
I don't feel tardy.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
4 years ago#4
Jprime666 posted...

The DS version is pretty much a complete overhaul and is pretty challenging. I don't think it's the best to be introduced to the game, but it's very much worth playing.

I wish the DS version would have kept the extra dungeons, though...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy IV Advance
  3. I can't help it, this is the only version that is playable for me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived