FFVA perfect game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SuricoisBoss

SuricoisBoss
4 months ago#1
Going through one of those phases where I want to play final fantasy again, and decided I wanted to mix it up by doing a perfect game this time. Five is one of my favorites, and the lowest number among said favorites, so I figured I'd start there. I'm going to use this specific ruleset:

1: All four characters at max level and stats, with all jobs mastered.
2: Complete item list, highest feasible number of each item. 5 ashes from the crystals is not feasible, I'll be happy with just two
3: Full bestiary, but not max kills. That just seems a little too overkill.
4: Full ability lists
...I can't think of anything else. If, it turns out, I'm missing something obvious that I'll want to do, please remind me.

I'm also pretty sure I'm behind on outside resources. I cannot find a perfect game guide anywhere for this game, minus the perfect game guide on this site for the Japanese SNES release. I think that Djibriel's guide will be sufficient for the most part, but is there a missable item guide anywhere, so I know when and where to grind for items/gil? And are there any other resources I might want? Probably gonna start the actual game tomorrow, I'll probably have my progress up by Tuesday.
DS FC 3024-7792-1114
Please help me fill the Pokedex before Sun and Moon come out!

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
4 months ago#2
One trick in this version only for Gil is you can use quicksaving at Gil Turtle to amass quick a large sum -- just take a step or two, quicksave, repeat.

Also, quicksave actually forces an encounter pattern, so you will always get the same enemy party right after reloading one. This includes, for instance, movers being the second encounter in the final area.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: SuricoisBoss

SuricoisBoss
4 months ago#3
Yes, I know and have abused the quicksave trick before, but thank you for reminding me of it.

That reminds me: other than the quicksave exploit, I will not be using any glitches, or bugs, or any of that (not that I can think of any beneficial ones off the top of my head). If there's anything else that stops the game from being an absolute pain, though, feel free to remind me.

Now, without further ado, I'm gonna start playing now. I'll report my progress probably by tomorrow.
Blue-pentagon pokedex finished on pokemon x.
My gardevoir is probably still out of breath from 145+ hours of grinding...

User Info: LancetJades

LancetJades
4 months ago#4
You might want to avoid going into Bartz's house so you keep the Memento key item for a more complete key item list.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived