Round 2...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: bodrock

bodrock
4 years ago#1
I played this game when it was first released for about an hour and a half -- after playing Growlanser II & III, expectations were indeed high. But for some reason or other, this one didn't seem to quite click right away, and my save-file stayed shortly after being able to control Haschen.

Now, riding high offa Wayfarer of Time, I thought I'd give this one another chance (having nearly seen all endings/routes in IV!) and although I still miss the 2D sprites, am enjoying it. I know there aren't multiple routes with this one, but I so hope that it's not too difficult to create a near-perfect save-file for multiple "friendship" ending scenes. I'm thinking of seeing Melvina, Korin, and Sherris's endings...
GAME-ON://ALPHA.PROTOCOL/GROWL4N5ER/

User Info: kratoscar2008

kratoscar2008
4 years ago#2
bodrock posted...
I played this game when it was first released for about an hour and a half -- after playing Growlanser II & III, expectations were indeed high. But for some reason or other, this one didn't seem to quite click right away, and my save-file stayed shortly after being able to control Haschen.

Now, riding high offa Wayfarer of Time, I thought I'd give this one another chance (having nearly seen all endings/routes in IV!) and although I still miss the 2D sprites, am enjoying it. I know there aren't multiple routes with this one, but I so hope that it's not too difficult to create a near-perfect save-file for multiple "friendship" ending scenes. I'm thinking of seeing Melvina, Korin, and Sherris's endings...

its very easy to get a perfect save file, in your first go as long as you read a guide otherwise its hard good you gave it another chance i have finished 3 times already.

User Info: bodrock

bodrock
4 years ago#3
Thanks kratos! I'm chasing after the mutant screaper (still kinda early in the game), but some of the battles were intense! I knew the game would be lots of fun as soon as I had to rush up the mountain to take out Rockbein.

I think I beat that mission with like 5 seconds left to clear the area! ;)

I still prefer the 2D sprites over the polygons, but I'll live -- the combat is still fun. I've finally gotten used to the plates placement and thinkin around them, and although I liked the Rings, this system works well too.

The only thing I'm going to "complain" about is that I wish that more girls had endings, like we had with Wayfarer of Time!

Well, Romina would be enough. Unless there's a currently-unknown reason she isn't (don't tell me!!) ;p
GAME-ON://TALES.of.the.ABYSS/GROWLAN5ER/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived