Do you need the disk to play?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Do you need the disk to play?

User Info: me3x12

me3x12
4 years ago#1
I'm either going to DD or just get the disk from the store today. But I need to know if i get a hard copy once I install can I just launch from desktop or do I need the disk in to play?

What is the best way to go? DD or hard copy?

User Info: FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian
4 years ago#2
requiring the disk to play went out of style years ago
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick

User Info: ZombieAkane

ZombieAkane
4 years ago#3
Nah you just need your battle.net account to be licensed to play.
i5 2500k@4ghz | MSI Radeon 6990 | 8GB DDR3 | Antec Dark Fleet DF-10 | Gigabyte Z68AP-D3

User Info: TheSuspected

TheSuspected
4 years ago#4
Trying to download the game right now is a nightmare. It would be well worth the drive (well, that depends) to have a physical copy. If you were asking this question last week, I'd say digital though.
PSN/Steam: NaRD2ndG | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg Currently Streaming BBCSEx and preparing for Mass Effect 3

me3x12
4 years ago#5
So let me ask you this then. Once I get if DD if I decide to go that route can I re download again later if needed like if my PC goes bad or something and I get a new PC does Blizzard remember I puchased it and let me re download it or whatever?

User Info: FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian
4 years ago#6
yeah, you have a battle.net account, as long as you remember the login/password you have access to any games tied to the account
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick

User Info: Moegitto

Moegitto
4 years ago#7
You can download the game client from your battlenet account. You can play on any computer that can run the game, but only log on to one at a time.
iPhone 4S, PC, Wii

me3x12
4 years ago#8
Cool maybe I'll just play some Max Payne 3 for a bit and let the servers calm down a bit then DD it.

User Info: sprinter24

sprinter24
4 years ago#9
So I have two computers that can run the game. If I go out and buy it I won't be able to play co-op with my friend or family member unless I buy two copies?

User Info: Richter13

Richter13
4 years ago#10
You can install the game using the same CD - on as many machines as you want.

However - to play the game - you need to have a Battle.net account and activate Diablo 3 for it.

You can only log your Battle.net account on ONE machine at a time.

============================

This means you need to buy another copy of Diablo 3:
- to get another activation cd-key
- to use it on a DIFFERENT battle.net account for activation
- to have a friend log using that so the both of you can play the game at the same time
"Counselling is done best if you're taking advantage of the woman" -yours truly
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Do you need the disk to play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived