Why does my monk's DPS go down when I equip a second weapon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Why does my monk's DPS go down when I equip a second weapon?

User Info: NsM Comatosis

NsM Comatosis
4 years ago#1
Gave up on my DH soloing Nightmare, so I made a monk to try something different. I'm level 10 at the moment, and my DPS using only one claw is 34.03. If I then equip an off-hand weapon, my DPS drops to ~30. I'm curious as to why that is.

Thanks.
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter

User Info: fbplayer1064

fbplayer1064
4 years ago#2
I would assume it averages the damage output of the two weapons so if the second weapon is weaker you would bring down your average.

User Info: Seneza

Seneza
4 years ago#3
Huh. That is weird. If both of the weapons have the same WDPS, then the ADPS should be the same, if not better. As far as I know, equipping two weapons at the same time increases attack speed by 15%, and the passive boost to dexterity that you should get if the secondary has some +DEX on it should rocket you right past what you have right now...

The only thing I can think of is that you equipped a weapon with less damage than the one you have as your main right now, and that it's causing the off-hand strike to affect your overall DPS.
XBL - Seneza

User Info: NsM Comatosis

NsM Comatosis
4 years ago#4
Yeah, they're different weapons and the 2nd one is weaker. I guess averaging the dmg would explain the difference.

Thanks a bunch.
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter

User Info: Kyle901

Kyle901
4 years ago#5
There's like 0 reason to go dw :(
---
Being bad at video games isn't a crime

User Info: alexman113

alexman113
4 years ago#6

There's like 0 reason to go dw :(

Dual wield is better if both weapons have similar dps. If one weapon is weaker than it will hurt dps because every attack alternates which weapon you swing with.
Gamertag/Steam/Origin - Alexman113
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Why does my monk's DPS go down when I equip a second weapon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived