The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Tutorial: How to set up a console controller for Diablo 3 (video)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Tutorial: How to set up a console controller for Diablo 3 (video)

User Info: Nick_Chaos007

Nick_Chaos007
4 years ago#1
Moving the mouse around so much was hurting my wrist. I wanted to use a controller for Diablo 3 but the game doesn't support it. I made a tutorial on how to set up a controller to use for Diablo 3....and really anything on your computer.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWQNoitjNU&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the audio my mics in my laptop.

I use a logitech controller. Its set up exactly like a PS3 controller just numbered instead of letters and symbols

PS3
R1 - Left mouse click
R2 - Right mouse click
Square, triangle, X, O - hot keys 1,2,3,4
L1 - Shift
L2 - Z (zoom)
Select - Q (potions)
Start - ESC or Inventory
Left Joystick - Mouse

I can change the speed of how fast the joystick moves the mouse as well to control how comfortable the mouse speed is.
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!

Nick_Chaos007
4 years ago#2
bump
Kill one man, You're a murderer. Kill 1,000 men, You're a king. Kill them all....and You're a god!

User Info: s0ySauced

s0ySauced
4 years ago#3
nice I'll give it a try, btw how well does this work with demon hunter, im sure this will work fine with melee classes.

User Info: gungrave9009

gungrave9009
4 years ago#4
Why would you even want to play on a controller?

User Info: AbsolutelyAlex

AbsolutelyAlex
4 years ago#5

Why would you even want to play on a controller?

Moving the mouse around so much was hurting my wrist

I don't have this problem, but the answer to your question is there, in the first sentence of the first post.

Nick_Chaos007
4 years ago#6
s0ySauced posted...
nice I'll give it a try, btw how well does this work with demon hunter, im sure this will work fine with melee classes.

works pretty good. I'm on act 2 though and I've played all the way using the mouse and key board so getting use to the transition is kinda new, I just play the same little area over and over again to get use to it. After getting use to it, it became a lot easier using the controller. However the hot keys were immediately easier to use, I was literally able to speed up all my skill usage which was great.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Tutorial: How to set up a console controller for Diablo 3 (video)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived