Bought a Justice Lantern earlier...kind of annoyed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bought a Justice Lantern earlier...kind of annoyed

User Info: Graybes

Graybes
4 years ago#1
I'm annoyed that in order to survive as a barb in inferno Acts 3/4 I need to purchase a largely expensive required level 50 ring where the only good stat on it really is 11% block. It really sucks that I need to spend that much money for a ring that I only really want for one stat.

Disclaimers:
-I know I didn't need to purchase the ring but I'm not going to go back to hell difficulty just to search for one certain legendary ring.

-I know Justice Lantern isn't MANDATORY but it's one of those items now that FEELS like a necessity.

-I know the other stats on Justice Lantern are good stats but the fact that it's a low tiered item means all my other stats will take a hit in order to use it.

Does anyone share this feeling of mine? Even if it's just the annoyed feeling of it seeming like as a barb you need to have certain legendary items in order to be successful?
Responding to trolls since 2003.

User Info: Devistro

Devistro
4 years ago#2
String of ears?
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.

User Info: ShadowGomamon

ShadowGomamon
4 years ago#3
Get a good shield with high base block chance, and high block amount, throw on a justice lantern and helm of command, and your survivability goes up quite considerably.

I'd argue both are mandatory. Block is really underrated.
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Birds go Cheep Cheep! ~
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Fishes go Glub Glub! ~

Graybes
4 years ago#4
Quote:Get a good shield with high base block chance, and high block amount, throw on a justice lantern and helm of command, and your survivability goes up quite considerably.

I'd argue both are mandatory. Block is really underrated.

@ShadowGomamon
well that's the thing you need all these legendary items. I know how storm shield, helm of command, justice lantern and string of ears... What other class is almost forced to use specific items like this?

User Info: St0rmFury

St0rmFury
4 years ago#5
Monk probably. Dodge can only help so much.
"Average Joe" is a trolling term since it's completely an opinion. "Overachieving" is also an opinion. - SBAllen (Hellhole: 52458377)

User Info: ShadowGomamon

ShadowGomamon
4 years ago#6
Well thats a perk of being a melee char. You need the gear to go toe to toe.
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Birds go Cheep Cheep! ~
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Fishes go Glub Glub! ~

Graybes
4 years ago#7
Quote:Well thats a perk of being a melee char. You need the gear to go toe to toe.
@ShadowGomamon
I do love being a barb though :) I actually had a wizard and switched to barb and have all my items to my friend. I like being in the fray instead of kiting and running.

I guess I should be happy though since needing to acquire certain unique items makes the game more like diablo 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bought a Justice Lantern earlier...kind of annoyed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived