Barbarian +damage vs. strength.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Barbarian +damage vs. strength.

User Info: alpacino1983

alpacino1983
4 years ago#1
How come often a relatively small amount of +damage on a weapon gives me a much bigger dps boost than a huge chunk of strength on a weapon?I is confused!
"Ahh, the middle finger, the most communicative of fingers." - Guybrush Threepwood.

User Info: Hylian88

Hylian88
4 years ago#2
Because you have low base DPS.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

User Info: Hylian88

Hylian88
4 years ago#3
To clarify, +str is % based. If your base damage is low str isnt going to increase it that much. If it's high it will increase a lot from strength.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

User Info: Winabe

Winabe
4 years ago#4
to put it in practacle terms, once your base damage gets to 100 then 1% of damage increase from strength will be greater than 1 bonus damage on a weapon. Thats because strength is a % modifier of your base damage, while the bonus damage is a strait additive.

alpacino1983
4 years ago#5
Do you mean base damage from my weapons? How do I increase my base damage more so as to benefit from strength please?
"Ahh, the middle finger, the most communicative of fingers." - Guybrush Threepwood.

alpacino1983
4 years ago#6
Bump, sorry for the nub questions.

Winabe
4 years ago#7
primarily from your weapon yes, it has the greatest impact on your damage, and + damage effects on your equipment also comes into play.

alpacino1983
4 years ago#8
So one of my primary goals should be to aim for a minimum of 100 base damage i assume?

User Info: ChocoboMog123

ChocoboMog123
4 years ago#9
Read the sticky or read the tooltips.

Weapon does average of 50 damage per hit.
Hits 1.5 times a second.
200 Str.

That's 225 DPS.

+10 damage: 270 DPS
+50 Str: 262.5 DPS

Edit: There's no minimum you should shoot for (why would there be?) just get whatever stats give you the best gains, which is going to be a combination.
"You're sorely underestimating the power of nostalgia goggles." - adjl
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20110218.gif

Winabe
4 years ago#10
alpacino1983 posted...
So one of my primary goals should be to aim for a minimum of 100 base damage i assume?

your primary goal should be to increase your over all damage, usually the biggest gains come from raising your base damage, the 100 isnt really a goal just the point at which strength will play a larger part in your over all damage.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Barbarian +damage vs. strength.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived