Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#1
Diablo 3 is great but they WoW'ed the f*** out if it in terms of atmosphere and made it kind of kiddy. Bring back the dark, badassness, serious atmosphere of the first two Diablo games. That way Diablo 3 could still have a decent population like with BF4 because they don't like the style of BF1

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
1 month ago#2
D3 is serious. 3 characters died. A used to be big nation got razed and now it is city of undead.

And darker environment doesn't make the game good. It is the fluid gameplay and replayability.

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
1 month ago#3
Oakland510_ posted...
Diablo 3 is great but they WoW'ed the f*** out if it in terms of atmosphere and made it kind of kiddy

Yeah, it's quite clear D3 took a lot of inspiration from WoW whether it's the art style, grindy mechanics, skill design, itemization, etc. A lot of players to this day still don't realize how MMO-like it is.

Oakland510_ posted...
Bring back the dark, badassness, serious atmosphere of the first two Diablo games. That way Diablo 3 could still have a decent population like with BF4 because they don't like the style of BF1

Agreed, it would be awesome if we could get that tone and theme back from D1 and D2, since it's sorely missing in D3. It was a good effort to try out a lighter atmosphere/world, but we all know what happened to the story - that's self-explanatory.

And yes, absolutely. Anything's possible these days. Heck, even Call of Duty recently announced the next game would be going back to its roots of WW2, so it's not too farfetched for Diablo 4 to return to its roots as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
1 month ago#4
D4 needs to exist in general before we worry about any of that
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: YourOnlySavior

YourOnlySavior
1 month ago#5
GuiltyCrown posted...
D3 is serious. 3 characters died...

As soon as Deckard Cain was killed by butterflies, I knew D3 meant SERIOUS BUSINESS
Salvation starts here.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#6
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Yeah, it's quite clear D3 took a lot of inspiration from WoW whether it's the art style, grindy mechanics, skill design, itemization, etc. A lot of players to this day still don't realize how MMO-like it is.

None of these are "MMO" factors; they exist in multiple types of RPGs. Also, I still to this day don't understand why people think D3 looks like WoW; just because it sometimes uses colors that aren't gray and brown?

Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Agreed, it would be awesome if we could get that tone and theme back from D1 and D2, since it's sorely missing in D3. It was a good effort to try out a lighter atmosphere/world, but we all know what happened to the story - that's self-explanatory.

Yup, that light atmosphere where huge demons are being tortured and people get their souls sucked out of their bodies. Super light.

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
1 month ago#7
http://i.imgur.com/YtKKzef.jpg

So bright and cheerful!
Do not, my friends, become addicted to smooth jams! They will take hold of you, and you will regret their absence!
http://brandonbird.com/smooth_warrior.html

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
1 month ago#8
Today's s***posts are brought to you by the letter Q and by the support of viewers like you
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
1 month ago#9
If D3 is meant to be cheerful, the major NPC would have saved and live, our heroes would have saved and prevent Westmarch before it got turned into a citadel of undead. The Heaven would be in one piece.

User Info: DotA_GC

DotA_GC
1 month ago#10
My stomach feels funny...
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: MetalMilita#1420 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
i7-3770k@4.3ghz | RX480@1342mhz | 32gb@2200mhz
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived