Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
5 months ago#101
rjames80 posted...
When you say "with people saying how its in maintenance mode," you're just talking about yourself, right? You're literally the only person I've ever heard say that.

I was curious and did a Google search. Apparently a couple people made posts about a year ago on the official forums mentioning maintenance mode - which is interesting as Ryyaann continues to bring this subject up as though it's the present tense.

Of course, he is the only person around here who brings up the term.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
5 months ago#102
I say it to bait Ryan and I'm never actually serious
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

redundancies
5 months ago#103
I think that's the other problem, he has said "Even Mad_Cow agrees that xxxx" a number of times, when you're clearly just screwing around. You'd think he'd learn by now what you're all about.

Mad_Cow46
5 months ago#104
Well if you take all of his comments as being sarcastic it makes sense

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
5 months ago#105
rjames80 posted...
Can you provide a source to back up your claim that "activity is basically at its lowest point in the game right now"

Common sense. It's a 5 year old game that has its content development slowed to a crawl. It's not like the game grew in players/activity with RoS...

If you can't see that it is clearly not as active as it once was in D3V, then I can't help you.

Mad_Cow46 posted...
shouldn't expect 50 expansions a week given the original business model that D1 D2 and D3 all share. This isn't f***ing Path of throw me a frickin bone for gods sake.

Even then though, Path of Exile doesn't have "50 expansions a week", nor does it even have 1 patch a week. Your exaggeration doesn't really do anything. Was it really too much to ask for maybe a few expansions instead of just 1 (the same amount D2 has)?

I mean if we're being honest, it's just a little sad how even though we're 10 Seasons/Eras deep, we're still doing the same things (Rifts and GRs with Sets) 3 S/Es ago, 5 S/Es ago, and even 9 S/Es ago, due to the lack of actual content.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

redundancies
5 months ago#106
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
I mean if we're being honest, it's just a little sad how even though we're 10 Seasons/Eras deep, we're still doing the same things

How is it sad? It's amazing! Diablo 3 has great longevity to have players want to keep doing the same things for 10 seasons.

Mad_Cow46
5 months ago#107
Oh I see he pulled out the if we're being honest card

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
5 months ago#108
Ryan posted "if we're being honest"?

Yay, that's my s***poster Bingo card complete! *dances with joy*
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
5 months ago#109
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Common sense. It's a 5 year old game that has its content development slowed to a crawl. It's not like the game grew in players/activity with RoS...

If you can't see that it is clearly not as active as it once was in D3V, then I can't help you.

So that's a 'no' then? Got it! Anyhow, if we're talking about common sense, I would say it's common sense that the game is probably more active now, since primals were just added, than it probably was around the same time last year, when I think nothing had really changed for a couple of patches. Common sense, right? Don't worry about trying to help me, I'm obviously not the one here who needs it.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to smooth jams! They will take hold of you, and you will regret their absence!
http://brandonbird.com/smooth_warrior.html
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Diablo 4 needs to be "darker" and more serious like Diablo 1 and 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived