Running out of character slots..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Running out of character slots..

User Info: SlyClone2k

SlyClone2k
1 month ago#1
I thought I'd come here for some advice..

I havent played since Season 4, I have several characters, mostly 70. Three levelled in season 4, one of those, a monk in HC mode. I also have others that were levelled out of season meaning in some cases I have two of each class. Assuming I begin playing in S11 - whats going to be my best bet? Use rebirth? Delete? Keep the ones I levelled in Seasons just for future seasons and those not for non season? My preferred class was Barb, of which I also have two.

What exactly does Rebirth do?
Take this! And that! And some of these! And one of those!

User Info: SeraphIria

SeraphIria
1 month ago#2
Option 1) Delete characters you don't want (you can just respec skills and the like on another character of the same class).

Option 2) Purchase the Collector's Edition version of the game which adds 3 more character slots to a total of 15 (the Necromancer paid DLC will add 2 slots as well but will be released during this Summer or Fall).

Option 3) Use the rebirth option. The rebirth option simply strips the character of all items (in inventory, equipped and on followers), and makes them a seasonal character. These items are sent to your nonseason deliverybox (a temporary storage where items are held until claimed for 30 days).

Next, your rebirthed character is essentially a fresh character but they still keep their: lore book entries, enemies kill counts, hours played, and other similar progression data. Paragon exp is set to whatever your seasonal amount is and when the season ends, all paragon exp (not levels directly) is transferred and added to your nonseasonal paragon.

So rebirth isn't something that important as you could simply delete a character and remake a new one with the same name in season but you would lose the character's meta data like hours played and the like. There is a limit on the number of rebirths to prevent players from exploiting the system to store lots of stuff by abusing the item delivery system.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Iria-1342/hero/853202

SlyClone2k
1 month ago#3
@SeraphIria - Thanks

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
1 month ago#4
Plus with the addition of the armory I don't really see a reason to have more than two of each class (one each for soft core and hard core), which coincidentally the base game offers just enough to do that.
"its okay a lizard ate me and elucidated my fate" - MJ_Max on Dark Souls
3DSFC : 0860-3930-2170 | NNID : CapnMuffin | XBGT : Capn Muffin

User Info: andreasaspenber

andreasaspenber
1 month ago#5
you get 2 more soon once the next major content patch arrives.

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
1 month ago#6
andreasaspenber posted...
you get 2 more soon once the next major content patch arrives.

I seem to remember that you get 2 extra character slots when you buy the Necromancer character pack. It is IIRC supposed to be released around the same time as the next major content patch, so maybe that's where the confusion stems from.
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.

User Info: andreasaspenber

andreasaspenber
1 month ago#7
there is no information on the blizzard app that say that the necromancer needs to be puchased.

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
1 month ago#8
"Purchasing the Rise of the Necromancer pack gives you full access to the new class — including Necromancer-exclusive Set and Legendary items — plus two additional stash tabs* and character slots."

Source: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20838873
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.

SlyClone2k
4 weeks ago#9
I was going to pick it up anyway, the sooner the better. Thanks for the info.

User Info: omanojyaku

omanojyaku
4 weeks ago#10
CapnMuffin posted...
Plus with the addition of the armory I don't really see a reason to have more than two of each class (one each for soft core and hard core), which coincidentally the base game offers just enough to do that.

I agree, until you have so much ancient/primal gear that all of it will not fit in one stash tab. I have a mule dedicated to each base stat just for generic ancient gear and I still need a second mule for DH gear. I may even need a 3rd as after I get my last ~300 bounties, I will have a LoN build in the rotation. Right now, it is on a separate, new DH since I wanted to see how many hours it would take to get 3000 bounties.
XBL:Amanojyaku BatttleTag:ViolateThis#(1752)
Ragequitters should be permabanned. Trolls so pathetic and stupid I had to break comm with: 1
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Running out of character slots..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived