Is it worth playing this game again?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Is it worth playing this game again?

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#1
I played it when it came out and it was... pretty underwhelming to be polite. However, I know it was rebalanced and a new expansion was released, so I was wondering if I should give this game another chance. It's worth noting that I would be playing the game completely solo.

Thanks for your impute in advance.
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
1 month ago#2
I don't know how it was when it was released but I had a lot of fun playing Season 10.

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#3
What are seasons? At release, it was basically a pay to win thanks to the real money auction house. Is that still a thing? I know they removed the real money Ah, but is there still an ingame money AH? Cause the prices there were so ridiculous you might as well fork some real cash for items.
The force is my ally

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#4
And while we're at it, what are the advantages of playing on PC vs console and viceversa, if anyone knows? I can find a copy for ps4 cheaper than upgrading my pc license.
The force is my ally

User Info: Nytegard

Nytegard
1 month ago#5
I have the game for both the PS4 & PC, and whereas I can typically find a game on the PC, on the PS4, it's near impossible depending upon the time of the day, and this even includes softcore (I typically play hc).

Now, the PS4 has offline play and local co-op. That's one issue where HC can be a pain on the PC, because sooner or later, you will die, no fault of your own. The game will disconnect. The bad part about this is that the game is filled with cheaters. While seasons get rid of hacked items, there is a ton of duping and save scumming. This is how you see the PS4 leaderboards filled with people with primals in every slot and +90 (or above) augments on every piece of gear. And if you're doing something like farming bounties, and the host leaves, you'll lose all your progress and have to start from scratch.

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
1 month ago#6
they really fixed up the game
it was fun to pay back in the day, and a piece of s*** if you actually tried to play

it's actually fun to play now. no auction house, limited trading too which is sorta good and sorta bad.

there's not too much difference between pc and console other than the fact that some skills control better with manual aiming, whereas the console auto targets you to monsters you're facing.

i personally prefer the console version, but i have a huge fondness for controllers so that's a large part of it. if you don't mind controllers, the console version is pretty much the same, with a few negligible differences.

edit: oh yeah, the console doesn't require you to be connected to the internet all the time, so if you're playing alone there won't be any lag or anything. it's significantly more enjoyable that way

i'd definitely say buy it if you think you'll like it. i quit after about 60~ hours back when it came out, but i put in at least ~200 on console
https://youtu.be/70utG1L5bfU

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#7
Can't you use controllers on PC?

Welp, nvm, it just shows up in my local game store's inventry, but they don't actually have it. It's way more expensive on Amazon. PC it is!
The force is my ally

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#8
I bought and played the game since midnight release. Now it's almost an entirely new game and for the better. Of course you still gotta grind to get gear but it's much easier to get gear for the basics. In order to do end game content (greater rifts) you gotta have the best of the best gear which can be slightly more difficult to get than if you were just playing casually or it can be a b**** finding the right items with the right rolls. But I've had so much f***ing fun. I had taken a 2-3 year break then came back last year with season 6. I've probably played 3 times more than I previously did when they had the auction house.

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#9
I'm still not too clear on seasons. Basically you start a new character from 0 and at the end you can play it outside of the season? What do you get for playing a season vs just playing the game?
The force is my ally

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
1 month ago#10
LordFarquad1312 posted...
I'm still not too clear on seasons. Basically you start a new character from 0 and at the end you can play it outside of the season? What do you get for playing a season vs just playing the game?

The ability to start a fresh new character and build them up is about 95% of the appeal of seasons. People do get bored playing the game for 1-2+ months but almost all of them look forward to the day when new seasons start because they are back to being a nobody and then they build up their characters again and try to achieve the highest GR levels they possibly can. I'd say the other 5% is people trying to get on the leaderboards. You don't have to play seasons if you don't want to. If you built up good characters then you can just play non season and non season has their own leaderboard. They get to keep all their gear even when seasons end and start. Seasons are about 3 months long
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Is it worth playing this game again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived