Is it worth playing this game again?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Is it worth playing this game again?

User Info: Dimlhugiona

Dimlhugiona
3 months ago#11
Check posts #6 and 7 in this topic for a quick rundown of some (not even all) of the changes since vanilla D3:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/75408437

As for seasons, first let me say they introduced achievements and those achievements are generally for cosmetics (new portraits, new banner customizations, etc). But when it comes to seasons, completing certain seasonal achievements with a seasonal character rewards you with Haedrig's Gift items. You complete the achievements in progressive blocks called "Seasonal Journeys," with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Journey blocks awarding you 1 Haedrig's Gift per completion. You can do this once per season.

When you open a Haedrig's Gift, you are given approximately 1/3 of a set for the character that opens it (note that this does not have to be the same character that earned the Gift). For example, this season for Monk was Inna's Mantra. So completing Season Journey 4 and opening all 3 Gifts on a Monk will yield the full Inna's Mantra set during this current season (10).

Season 10 is set to end this coming friday though, and there's an entire month of downtime before the next season starts (that's unusually long, hence why people are assuming Necro is coming out during the downtime), so if you're thinking of starting up now you may as well go non-season.
3DS FC: 1779 - 2684 - 9325

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
3 months ago#12
Thanks for the rundown, I might give this game another try soon.
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
3 months ago#13
So I deleted all my old characters and started a new one, and I started with 1 mil gold? Is that normal?

I also have a lot of stuff in my stash, so I guess that's saved on the server. Well, whatever.
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
3 months ago#14
LordFarquad1312 posted...
So I deleted all my old characters and started a new one, and I started with 1 mil gold? Is that normal?

Yes, it's all tied to your account.

Now if you had created a Seasonal hero, you would've started completely fresh.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Gems of War [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- Damn addictive games...

User Info: DocWily

DocWily
3 months ago#15
I'm thinking of getting the PC version after playing the console release. My main was a barbarian.

Which class is most different from the barb's playstyle, wizard or demon hunter?
PSN: Volcott01 / Dark Arisen Pawn: Kotori

User Info: nessonett106

nessonett106
3 months ago#16
DocWily posted...
I'm thinking of getting the PC version after playing the console release. My main was a barbarian.

Which class is most different from the barb's playstyle, wizard or demon hunter?

Either of them are completely different, ones a ranged nuker and the other a kite-happy pincushion simulator. Closest to barb would probably be the crusader.
NNID: nessonett . . 3DS FC: 4682-8898-3776 . . Pokemon X Safari: ICE
MH3U + MH4U Name: Marty. Mostly GS and hammer

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
3 months ago#17
I'm still not too clear on seasons. Basically you start a new character from 0 and at the end you can play it outside of the season? What do you get for playing a season vs just playing the game?

Not sure when they did this, but upon reaching Conqueror rank in Season 10, you get another stash tab that instantly transfers over to non-season. Season quests are fun and give interesting things. Plus, they have set dungeons for all sets, and the quests give full sets upon finishing the first 4.
"3DS is a handheld console, so unless you are playing with your ass there is no reason to afk. Multitask like a pro" - jisn064

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 months ago#18
What are seasons? At release, it was basically a pay to win thanks to the real money auction house. Is that still a thing? I know they removed the real money Ah, but is there still an ingame money AH? Cause the prices there were so ridiculous you might as well fork some real cash for items.

Everything has been pay to win since the 90's as long as the grey market has existed. D3 just put it right up front in the have-nots faces so they got ultra salty when none of them made any money.

RMAH was no more p2w than WoW's auction house. It just let people trade items on site rather than 3rd party sites and risk getting your account stolen or scammed out of money.

You had cry babbies on Inferno that had finished the game 3 times to get there whining about it being "pay to win" because they couldn't finish that difficulty setting without spending gold on the AH to buy items because they didn't want to do loot runs like you're supposed to in ARPG's.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

DocWily
3 months ago#19
I bit the bullet, bought the videogame and rolled a demon hunter. Say hi if you see a Volcott wandering around shooting everything.

DocWily
3 months ago#20
Just beat act V on normal and expected to get kicked up to nightmare, but I guess that difficulty system is no longer in place. What difficulty option should I choose if I want a "nightmare-like" experience?
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Is it worth playing this game again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived