Bring Auction House Back???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bring Auction House Back???

User Info: Jhag1988

Jhag1988
4 weeks ago#1
It is pretty fair to say the auction house was a mistake in the early days if D3....

Now that we have had countless improvements made to the game, and the main goal is to complete grifts at the highest level, would you like to see the RMAH make a comeback?

Yes, there are various mechanics to help you basically aquire an item, but you often do have to jump through some hoops to get it. Should there be a the option to buy the exact item you want and need?

This could also reward the hardcores who never stop grinding.

This is probably a terrible idea but what y'all think lol
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JHag1988-1505/
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Daggurzz/advanced

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
4 weeks ago#2
The most expensive item would be 25 cents so it's probably not worth it for blizzard to bring it back

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
4 weeks ago#3
Primals would definitely be a lucrative thing to farm for that people would be dumb enough to buy for $250 so they can win the game. I'd be ok with that.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
4 weeks ago#4
I always thought it would make more sense if you could get stuff yourself AND buy stuff if you wanted to, but for insane profits - and probably the only reason they would ever do it - they'd have to break the game.

So, sadly, no RMAH. Though I think it'd be nice now. Just not nice enough for the facilitators.
https://youtu.be/70utG1L5bfU

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
4 weeks ago#5
Jhag1988 posted...
It is pretty fair to say the auction house was a mistake in the early days if D3....

Yeah agreed, it was poorly implemented and not regulated/maintained at all. The sheer fact that you could see dupe listings and bots to snipe bids meant it was never going to end on a positive note.

Jhag1988 posted...
Yes, there are various mechanics to help you basically aquire an item, but you often do have to jump through some hoops to get it. Should there be a the option to buy the exact item you want and need?

Sure, though certain changes would need to be made, namely droprate and such. Re-enabling trading would definitely help the game in two major ways:
- provide value/worth to items, instead of just being salvage/floor food, especially on some really bad Legendaries/Set items. There's a reason why a 2K dps Echoing Fury back in D3V could sell for X amount of dollars whereas a 3K DPS one in RoS just gets vendored lol.

- Provide a side activity and incentive to players farming the endgame. Back in D3V, of course while you were farming the endgame you were trying to better your character, but on the side you'd be selling items that didn't fit your build or your class. This differs from RoS, where after you're done your character, you're pretty much done playing in that Season/Era.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Alpha_MaIe

Alpha_MaIe
4 weeks ago#6
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Jhag1988 posted...

Yeah agreed, it was poorly implemented and not regulated/maintained at all. The sheer fact that you could see dupe listings and bots to snipe bids meant it was never going to end on a positive note.

Jhag1988 posted...

Sure, though certain changes would need to be made, namely droprate and such. Re-enabling trading would definitely help the game in two major ways:
- provide value/worth to items, instead of just being salvage/floor food, especially on some really bad Legendaries/Set items. There's a reason why a 2K dps Echoing Fury back in D3V could sell for X amount of dollars whereas a 3K DPS one in RoS just gets vendored lol.

- Provide a side activity and incentive to players farming the endgame. Back in D3V, of course while you were farming the endgame you were trying to better your character, but on the side you'd be selling items that didn't fit your build or your class. This differs from RoS, where after you're done your character, you're pretty much done playing in that Season/Era.

There you go again with your bs insight about seasons despite never playing it.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
4 weeks ago#7
What about the "legendaries literally rain nowadays, lol" argument?

AH (or trading) in general is all about bragging about how "wealthy" one is. And then complaining that one "can't get any upgrades anymore, loot sucks".
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Gems of War [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- Damn addictive games...

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
4 weeks ago#8
Lol @ Ryan's s***post.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: thatguy181

thatguy181
4 weeks ago#9
Given the way loot falls from the heavens (rises from the hells?) I really don't see a point in trading and especially not the RMAH. Only place that may have any item worth more than a few cents would be hardcore. The game may not like me as far as Primals are concerned, but I've got good enough ancients that I couldn't imagine paying much more than a dollar for a perfect Primal for my softcore toons.

User Info: slipknotrox765

slipknotrox765
4 weeks ago#10
Popped back on this board for the first time in years and Ryan is still spewing his usual bull****.

Are we really suggesting that we bring back the Auction House? Lmao, people are never happy..
If you want to find a needle in a haystack, burn the haystack.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bring Auction House Back???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived