Bring Auction House Back???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bring Auction House Back???

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
5 months ago#11
Alpha_MaIe posted...
There you go again with your bs insight about seasons despite never playing it.

That's why you're still playing Season 10 right now amirite? Lol, that's what I thought.

In a lot of cases, you don't need to play something to understand how it works. You don't seem like a guy who plays Hardcore, yet you still understand how a d/c can kill your character, right? Thus, you wouldn't be providing "bs insight" if you said that, despite not playing Hardcore.

thatguy181 posted...
Given the way loot falls from the heavens (rises from the hells?) I really don't see a point in trading and especially not the RMAH. Only place that may have any item worth more than a few cents would be hardcore

Yeah, the droprates would definitely have to be tuned down if Trading were to be re-enabled. Perhaps not as bad as D3V, but maybe a decent compromise somewhere in between. Because yeah, Trading gets re-enabled in this state of D3.... stuffs gonna sell for 100 gold lol.

slipknotrox765 posted...
Popped back on this board for the first time in years and Ryan is still spewing his usual bull****.

You're more than welcome to show me where I was bulls***ting in that post. Let's review the 3 "parts":
- Dupe listings and bots to snipe bids? Yes, this isn't bulls***. This really happened.
- High roll EF in D3V sold for 200 dollars vs. high roll EF in RoS gets vendored? Yes, this isn't bulls***. This really happens/happened
- Trading as a side-activity for an added incentive to farm endgame, even after you're done your character? Well duh, this one's an obvious given.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: slipknotrox765

slipknotrox765
5 months ago#12

You're more than welcome to show me where I was bulls***ting in that post. Let's review the 3 "parts":
- Dupe listings and bots to snipe bids? Yes, this isn't bulls***. This really happened.
- High roll EF in D3V sold for 200 dollars vs. high roll EF in RoS gets vendored? Yes, this isn't bulls***. This really happens/happened
- Trading as a side-activity for an added incentive to farm endgame, even after you're done your character? Well duh, this one's an obvious given.

Pretty much this:

There's a reason why a 2K dps Echoing Fury back in D3V could sell for X amount of dollars whereas a 3K DPS one in RoS just gets vendored lol.

There was no such thing as a 2k dps echoing fury in vanilla

- Provide a side activity and incentive to players farming the endgame. Back in D3V, of course while you were farming the endgame you were trying to better your character, but on the side you'd be selling items that didn't fit your build or your class. This differs from RoS, where after you're done your character, you're pretty much done playing in that Season/Era.

There is plenty of incentive to farm endgame right now. It's not like you get absolutely nothing out of salvaging. Forgotten Souls are still plenty valuable. Especially with the introduction of Kanai's Cube, which has a huge crafting mat sink depending on what you want to do with it. I'm sure you aren't grinding the leaderboards in seasons so I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "done with your character". I'm not sure about you, but when the rest of us played Reaper of Souls for the first time, we were so ecstatic that all characters from now on will be "self-found". Yeah remember that term? That used to be a "challenge" that people did when they inevitably became bored of buying/selling items on the auction house to gear their character, rather than actually playing the game. There wasn't much incentive to farm anyway, because you could gear your character so much easier by dropping half-a-day's salary into the game. Vanilla was a ****ing trainwreck. So yeah, you're full of ****.
If you want to find a needle in a haystack, burn the haystack.

User Info: omanojyaku

omanojyaku
5 months ago#13
May as well bring back the GAH.
I would love to be able to buy anything in the game except act mats.

They could add an incentive for high rollers to sell items. e.g. a new mat that you get by selling a listing. That mat would up the chances of a primal from a recipe or a new recipe that requires the new mat.

I feel we need a new recipe with primals and the set swap needs to include 2 part sets. They should drop the price of everything to 25 shards.
XBL:Amanojyaku BatttleTag:ViolateThis#(1752)
Ragequitters should be permabanned. Trolls so pathetic and stupid I had to break comm with: 1

Ryyaann_Is_Band
5 months ago#14
slipknotrox765 posted...
There was no such thing as a 2k dps echoing fury in vanilla

So you're arguing semantics then, okay. Quick question, are you able to understand the point behind the post if you take semantics out? AKA the topic of value and worth of items: a very good item in D3V being worth a lot of gold or real money versus a very good item in RoS being salvaged/vendored?

Edit:
There we go. Hopefully this rings a bell.
D3V Echoing Fury - 7500 EUR
http://i.imgur.com/EYTc5.jpg
vs.
RoS Echoing Fury - Salvage
http://i.imgur.com/DV5pO0e.png

slipknotrox765 posted...
I'm sure you aren't grinding the leaderboards in seasons so I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "done with your character".

Exhausting the activities to do. Why do you think a lot of Seasonal players just stop after a couple weeks after they've got their Set/Legendaries and have done some GRs?

People playing in D3V didn't stop after a couple weeks of a new patch. You may not want to accept or admit it, but Trading was one of the reasons, which is converse for RoS.

slipknotrox765 posted...
There wasn't much incentive to farm anyway, because you could gear your character so much easier by dropping half-a-day's salary into the game

? , lmao where do you think those items came from?

User Info: RSmit

RSmit
5 months ago#15
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Lol @ Ryan's s***post.
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
5 months ago#16
It's ironic that a theoretical competitor of D3 had a league(season) where the most popular mode was solo self found. It's that way because loot sharing is an archaic design and the game purposely restricts drop rates to encourage trading

Total irony
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: slipknotrox765

slipknotrox765
5 months ago#17

So you're arguing semantics then, okay. Quick question, are you able to understand the point behind the post if you take semantics out? AKA the topic of value and worth of items: a very good item in D3V being worth a lot of gold or real money versus a very good item in RoS being salvaged/vendored?

Just showing a prime example of something you said that wasn't completely factual. No one vendors items. You neglect to illustrate that salvaging isn't just throwing the item away. You do get something out of it. Yes, the game isn't the same Model as D2, but it doesn't mean it's not a great game. I find it humorous that your role on this board hasn't changed in years. Your Life: Let's say you like vanilla ice cream and a lot of people are eating chocolate. Instead of enjoying your vanilla ice cream, you decide to try the chocolate. After that, your life's mission is to tell all the people that enjoy chocolate, that chocolate is no good and should be more like vanilla. I'm just curious as to what drives you to be the way that you are. My apologies for the personal attack, but I really feel theres more out there for you than just trolling the message boards. Obviously you're smart, why not utilize it for something constructive? This is not an angry rant, just genuine pity.

There was NEVER a shortage of gear on the Auction House. High-end gear was FAR easier to obtain in the Auction House for your character. The real point of farming was to find an item or two that were good but were valuable enough to sell and maybe BUY yourself an upgrade. This is why "Self-Found" was a CHALLENGE. For someone like you who finds grinding leaderboards "exhausting", would certainly find buying items on the auction house easier than actually farming. So yeah for people that didn't have the time to invest 10-14 hours a day farming, spending real money was a much more efficient way to gear.
If you want to find a needle in a haystack, burn the haystack.

User Info: CyberJ

CyberJ
5 months ago#18
I've always been of the opinion that the auction house was a good idea that was just horribly implemented.

Flaws:
1. It was an outside program
2. It allowed players to determine value
3. It allowed players to ghost bid
4. It allowed inflated bids
5. Items could be flipped

Corrections:
1. It should have been an in game vendor
2. It should have started bidding at the in game sell price and no reserve
3. No ghost bidding meaning you cannot bid 2 million on an item currently going for only 2000
4. Set bidding increments only i.e. bidding on 2000 item is 2100, then 2200, etc.
5. Once item is won on AH it can no longer be put up for auction

User Info: rjames80

rjames80
5 months ago#19
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
So you're arguing semantics then, okay.

How hilariously hypocritical!

Why do you think a lot of Seasonal players just stop after a couple weeks after they've got their Set/Legendaries and have done some GRs?

[Citation Needed]

No lifers?
Do not, my friends, become addicted to smooth jams! They will take hold of you, and you will regret their absence!
http://brandonbird.com/smooth_warrior.html

Ryyaann_Is_Band
5 months ago#20
Mad_Cow46 posted...
competitor of D3 had a league(season) where the most popular mode was solo self found

? , it isn't though. As of this post on the forums, only 10% of players are engaging in SSF in the Legacy League. Not sure why you would say that it was the most popular mode lmao.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896374

As for that last bit, I hope you've realized the droprates aren't altered in SSF... so props to your character if you're been gearing him out the ass in Legacy SSF.

slipknotrox765 posted...
Just showing a prime example of something you said that wasn't completely factual.

I figured the point of the post was more meaningful than semantics regarding the specific numbers of weapon DPS of all things.

I'll ask again since it went unaddressed, are you able to understand the concept of a very good item in D3V being worth a lot of gold / real money versus the same item (even better rolled) in RoS having little to no value/worth, simply having Trading enabled/disabled being a huge factor? You can refer to those two pictures that further reinforces this point.

slipknotrox765 posted...
The real point of farming was to find an item or two that were good but were valuable enough to sell and maybe BUY yourself an upgrade.

Yet you just contradicted yourself and said "There wasn't much incentive to farm anyway" in your previous post lol. So which one is it, was there a good incentive to farm or not much incentive to farm in D3V?

Edit:
CyberJ posted...
I've always been of the opinion that the auction house was a good idea that was just horribly implemented.

Flaws:
1. It was an outside program
2. It allowed players to determine value
3. It allowed players to ghost bid
4. It allowed inflated bids
5. Items could be flipped

Corrections:
1. It should have been an in game vendor
2. It should have started bidding at the in game sell price and no reserve
3. No ghost bidding meaning you cannot bid 2 million on an item currently going for only 2000
4. Set bidding increments only i.e. bidding on 2000 item is 2100, then 2200, etc.
5. Once item is won on AH it can no longer be put up for auction

I agree, and it's crazy how you still have people trying to argue about it lol. It's like, there's a reason why they closed both of those AHs down. As for the Flaws and Corrections, seems like it would be a solid list of fixes for the AH. Maybe throw in some maintenance guys on there too, to look out and block certain listings (ex. dupe).

I also think a big aspect a lot of people seem to forget is that you can definitely still do Bound on Account even with Trading/AH available. Rough idea, but say they re-enable Trading right now, you could still have GR-100 only gear that is Bound on Account. Bam, now you have a endgame goal, that has a direct progression path, that you cannot just take a shortcut and buy it on the AH. Now while farming and trying to get up to GR 100, you can still sell items to other players.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Bring Auction House Back???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived