What's the point of season 11 having JUST gotten Necro ?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. What's the point of season 11 having JUST gotten Necro ?

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
1 week ago#1
Like most of you I've been playing necro non stop last month or so but have zero desire to start over again so soon. Honestly it would have been better had they had season 11 ready for release with necro.

I've only played season 10. Do seasons usually have season exclusive legandaries that aren't available in standard game until season ends ? I'm guessing they will have a few legendary items for necro added for season 11. That might motivate me to play season 11 rather than wait 3 months to be able to get those new items in normal game. An item i would really love is something like Dawn for Demon Hunter but for Necro, cutting down land of the dead cooldown significantly. That or more off hand legendary items for the Necro
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
1 week ago#2
Fresh start and stash tabs. Whiny kids got things like seasonal only items taken away.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 week ago#3
They don't do season-exclusive items anymore because people whined about having to wait three months to loot them if they didn't play season.

I made a necro to play with in the offseason, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how it goes when I don't have a level-reduced Ancient weapon and hundreds of paragon points to play with from the start.

evenflow80
1 week ago#4
That's interesting about legendary items. From experience do they always add new batch of legandaries with each season starts ? Should we expect a bunch of new legandaries we can farm for next week when the season starts ?

Sorry I should add I play on ps4... not sure if this also applies to console

Mad_Cow46
1 week ago#5
There hasn't been anything new added (aside from the Necro) since like season 6 or something. However they were adding a few special properties to preexisting items.

evenflow80
1 week ago#6
Mad_Cow46 posted...
There hasn't been anything new added (aside from the Necro) since like season 6 or something. However they were adding a few special properties to preexisting items.

That's a bummer. I was under the impression each new season also included a bunch of new legandaries. Oh well.

Patches still add new legandaries though ? Or is that also not the case anymore ?
evenflow80 posted...
Like most of you I've been playing necro non stop last month or so but have zero desire to start over again so soon. Honestly it would have been better had they had season 11 ready for release with necro.

They did that so they could find exploits before the Season began. However, that does not guarantee anything, as if Bob is going to save an exploit he found from PTR, he's gonna do it during Seasons, not use it during the interim.

If you don't want to start all over again, you don't have to. Just continue playing your Non-Season Necromancer. There's going to be barely a difference anyway, considering the fact that for stuff like Paragon, you won't get to use your "300 Paragon" but you're still going to get 300 Paragon in Seasons anyways. Same applies for stuff like gold and mats.

evenflow80 posted...
I've only played season 10. Do seasons usually have season exclusive legandaries that aren't available in standard game until season ends ?

Nope, Season-exclusive items used to be the main incentive to play Seasons but then players whined about them so Blizz took them away.

evenflow80 posted...
Should we expect a bunch of new legandaries we can farm for next week when the season starts ?

No, we already got the patch (2.6) - it was the Necro.

Mad_Cow46 posted...
There hasn't been anything new added (aside from the Necro) since like season 6 or something

This. It's why people say the game has been in maintenance mode.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
(edited 1 week ago)

Mad_Cow46
1 week ago#8
Yeah it's pretty much not the case anymore

evenflow80
1 week ago#9
Wait so when people say "nothing new added since season 6" they mean like literally not even a single new legendary ? That SUCKS

So that's it for the Necro ? That's all the class specific legendary items for him ? He has less than all the other characters
(edited 1 week ago)

Mad_Cow46
1 week ago#10
Yeah pretty much. Again there were tweaks to some preexisting items but nothing new.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. What's the point of season 11 having JUST gotten Necro ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.