Why is Diablo 2 endgame better than D3 ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Why is Diablo 2 endgame better than D3 ?

User Info: Busta Dust

Busta Dust
2 months ago#311
rjames80 posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Then it's final. D2 PvP really isn't endgame though it requires one to be at the endgame due to the equipment required.

Unless you're low level dueling.

rjames80 posted...
I'm not an expert because I haven't devoted my life to it, so I shouldn't even be talking about it, but I'm pretty sure it consists of players fighting other players. Hence the "PvP" designation.

rjames80 posted...
^Wow, even some "hardcore" gamers have no interest in PvP. Interesting...

You bash people for enjoying a system you clearly don't understand or never enjoyed yourself.

You know what the difference between me and you is? I don't bash you for liking D3 more.

When your little crew asks for verification we give our reasons...then you guys just run around like chickens with their heads cut-off just replying with a bashing post after bashing post. A few of you don't even make sense. Maybe only one of you actually pretends to try to understand...but when you respond to his "sympathy" of trying to understand...he replies with a robo response and then moonwalks himself out of the debate.
Greatest RPG character? FF6 Sabin
0389 8080 8935

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#312
Here's the thing. PvP is not the reason why people think D2 had better end game.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: Busta Dust

Busta Dust
2 months ago#313
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Here's the thing. PvP is not the reason why people think D2 had better end game.

Actually it is one of the reasons consistently listed.
Greatest RPG character? FF6 Sabin
0389 8080 8935

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
2 months ago#314
Busta Dust posted...
You know what the difference between me and you is? I don't bash you for liking D3 more.

Nah, you just assumed all D3 players are dumb and never play D2, and falsely assumed that all d2 players play and enjoy pvp like you did.

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#315
Busta Dust posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...

actually it's been proven to be mostly irrelevant to most people.
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: YamaChan

YamaChan
2 months ago#316
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Busta Dust posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...

actually it's been proven to be mostly irrelevant to most people.

By what? Your extremely scientific poll?

Like, I'm not going to sugarcoat this. Elite D2 Players were very aware of the PvP scene, and they either just chose not to participate because it wasn't for them or they were heavily involved in it.

Casual D2 Players may not have even known of its existence, because much of it was facilitated through channels outside of the actual game itself. You had to do more than private games with friends or join a random public game to be aware of it.

Furthermore, it took a lot of wealth to be able to compete with the best PvPers, while public games were filled with griefers and hacked items.

So many casual players never even experienced the best form of D2 PvP or were only exposed to the worst of it.

However, I never said D2 PvP itself was perfect; I did say D2 was incredibly fun, challenging and extremely well balanced after 1.10 at the highest levels.

I ask again.

Do any of you know of CasterPk? None of you have been willing to answer that. I can learn a lot about you just from whether that term carries any meaning to you or not. It probably doesn't.

It's really amazing how pressed you all are over OTHER PEOPLE'S ENJOYMENT OF A GAME THAT IN NO WAY IMPACTS YOUR OWN.

D2 PvP wasn't even mandatory. If you didn't want to deal with it in public games, you could leave or form a private game. And in private games it should never have been an issue.

But to sit here and act like there wasn't a significant amount of people involved in the D2 PvP scene or that it didn't literally fuel the economy is ludicrous.

I could make an optimized PvE character in maybe a week regardless of build. It wasn't that hard. Making a perfectly optimized PvP character required me to move far, far, far more currency. Not even comparable.

What it took to fully optimize every item slot for a PvE character might barely cover the cost of ONE item for a perfectly optimized PvP character.

Do you really think people were botting endlessly to help other players one-shot monsters faster? Or were they selling their items to people looking for the item to take their builds to the next level in PvP? That next FCR breakpoint? That perfect statted skill GC? That extremely rare class specific helm with 2 slots, +vit and +skill points to your build's main skill? The always sought after 20 life/5 res charms (I had over 100 of these). The list goes on.

You're free to have your opinion on D2 PvP. I honestly don't care if you hated it or think it sucks. Whatever. But don't minimize its relevance to the community when Diablo 2 was at its peak. As I said before, there is literally a D2 PvP handbook still stickied on the D2:LoD board here. That wasn't due to lack of interest.

At this point, you're all not even willing to discuss, be reasonable, be objective or be intelligent in this discussion and would rather circlejerk with each other. That's fine.

I'll be blunt and I couldn't care less how it comes off.

I know you were bad players. I just do. I know you were poor players. I just do. It doesn't make you worse or less accomplished people. But it does make you less qualified to speak on Diablo II. I did everything there was to do in that game at the highest level and had an almost endless supply of currency. I know what I'm talking about. None of you do.

We'll leave it at that.
"Key which hides the powers of darkness... Show your true power before me. Under the contract, Sakura commands you. Release!!" - Sakura Kinomoto

YamaChan
2 months ago#317
I'm going to analogize this with sports and that's the end of it.

This feels like a bunch of hardcore ballers in the YMCA league trying to talk to a retired NBA Hall of Famer about the current state of the NBA.

We know whose opinion will carry more weight.

Quite frankly, D3 would've been a better game from launch if Blizzard had listened to me, since all the changes they ended up making were things I demanded before the game launched anyway. Their press release when they made major changes to D3 could've been copied and pasted from any of the threads I made five years ago.

But I digress, defend D3 all you want and bash D2 fans to your heart's content. We know how history will remember these games :)
"Key which hides the powers of darkness... Show your true power before me. Under the contract, Sakura commands you. Release!!" - Sakura Kinomoto

User Info: Alpha_MaIe

Alpha_MaIe
2 months ago#318
Hmm. Think your rant would've carried more weight if you had switched to your second personality, but that's just me.

YamaChan
2 months ago#319
Who really gives a s*** which account I post on? I couldn't make it any clearer it's the same person on each account. The reason behind it is irrelevant.

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
2 months ago#320
As usual the guy with multiple personality disorder has to remind us how awesome he was (lol) in a watered down pvp.

He just doesn't get it that we don't give a s*** or interested on d2 pvp or its term usage or its community.

So, have you played d3 during your absence from this board?
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Why is Diablo 2 endgame better than D3 ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived