Patch 2.6.1 PTR Patch Notes

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Patch 2.6.1 PTR Patch Notes

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
2 months ago#101
For those playing on the PTR :

How are the Golemakin breeches? Specifically the cooldown reduction for command golem ?
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.
ImaPC posted...
There's no difference at all between any of the Torment levels or GRs. It's literally just numbers and nothing else. Blizzard decides what you can and can't do,

Yep, and people on this board will be unable to tell you how it's different apart from numbers. There's nothing that separates a GR 50 from a GR 60. No exclusive boss, no new content once you reach GR 90, etc. The only "thing" in GRs is GR 70 to unlock Primals, but that's already a joke thanks to Sets.

ImaPC posted...
D3 is also an insanely easy game to play, so playing good in D3 is a joke, because someone who is drooling on them self could play D3 well.

That has to do with the overall game being streamlined and dumbed-down for a more casual audience though. Whether or not someone thinks that's a good or bad thing is subjective.

mosspit posted...
Yes I really support my reasoning,because Im me and I like to think I know myself better than you.
[...]
Discussion or whatever is just a facade

So, you really do support your reasoning but can't give an explanation to defend it when someone asks about it. Okay...

I do want to point out the hypocrisy in saying that I don't want to have a discussion and that it'll be the last time you reply.... when the reality is that it is me who is the one that wants to have a discussion about Blizzard "bringing the lesser sets up to speed" as you said. Kinda obvious which one of us actually wants to have a discussion and which one doesn't, right? I mean, c'mon now.

Hi C posted...
When something is broken you fix it. You don't break other stuff just so a bunch of idiots can feel good about themselves for a coupe months until they realize they still didn't chart on the leaderboards because everyone else got buffed too and the no lifers still have more time and dedication than them.

The definition of unprofessional by Blizzard.

Just like how they fixed it in 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, etc lol. By now, you woulda figured people could see the pattern that they actually aren't trying to balance Sets if its been 11 Seasons/Eras of this kind of power creep.

Hi C posted...
LoN has probably the 3rd or tied for 2nd strength build right now. Good luck buffing it without making Witch Doctors insane. Another broken "set" that cannot be fixed as it would require going back and balancing every skill and item in the game.....again.

You do raise a good point. LoN is a flat 100% for both Barbs and DHs for example. So there's no change on the weigh scale. Then you start adding in more variables (Legendaries and Skills) and that's when the weigh scale starts to drop towards one side. Since LoN is canceled out on both sides of the scale, any increases or reductions to LoN wouldn't change the overall weighing, if it's already lopsided due to this class having better or worse Legendaries than that class.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#103
GuiltyCrown posted...
Hi C posted...
GuiltyCrown posted...
Hi C posted...
rjames80 posted...
thatguy181 posted...
So I finally went and looked at the patch notes and holy crap.... you can't argue if someone says it's a power creep patch imo.

I look at it more as balancing than power creep. They are raising the power of the weaker, lesser used sets, so that they can hopefully be competitive with the more powerful, more popular sets that already exist. I don't think that really qualifies as power creep, although I'm sure there's at least one person here who will try to make that claim.

Balance would have been fixing the Wiz archon and Necro Lotd/corpselance mess not breaking the entirety of the remaining classes as well.

You must have missed the uproar of community when Blizzard nerfed Necro's Inarious set and people aren't fond with that.

Also, there are few classes that are so weak to the point that would required Wiz/Necro to be nerfed to the ground just to put all them in the same line, which i dont think the majority of the players will support that either.

In other word, buffing weaker classes are usually a better approach than nerfing the strong class, and this works the same for MoBA balance.

When something is broken you fix it. You don't break other stuff just so a bunch of idiots can feel good about themselves for a coupe months until they realize they still didn't chart on the leaderboards because everyone else got buffed too and the no lifers still have more time and dedication than them.

The definition of unprofessional by Blizzard.

Agreed. That is why they fix those under performed sets and top performed set aren't get touched. Sound pretty professional to me. If anything, destroying top performed set so the under performed sets can shine is simply a terrible and idiotic move.

Under/over performing =/= broken kiddo.

Please don't ever get into game design.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: GuiltyCrown

GuiltyCrown
2 months ago#104
Hi C posted...

Under/over performing =/= broken kiddo.

Please don't ever get into game design.

Funny because I thought those words were supposed to be a simple phrase or idiom but it doesn't matter because there is no broken set in this game.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#105
Hi C posted...
LoN has probably the 3rd or tied for 2nd strength build right now. Good luck buffing it without making Witch Doctors insane. Another broken "set" that cannot be fixed as it would require going back and balancing every skill and item in the game.....again.

But if LoN is viable only for WDs and arguably Crusaders then it has a issue that must be fixed.
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Dark Souls III [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- [ Sky Rider ]

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#106
You fix it by nerfing all things better than the most powerful LoN build of course. This will keep Ryan happy by fooling him into thinking it's fun.

/s
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
2 months ago#107
What makes me really sad is that the most upvoted thread about Patch 2.6.1 at the official forums has a guy suggesting 3-piece and 4-piece set bonuses to give stuff like "+2000 to all stats" and "reduce damage taken by 30% per piece"...
Currently Playing: Ace Combat Infinity [PS3], Witcher 3 CE [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- [ Sky Rider ]

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
2 months ago#108
Lord Heimdall posted...
What makes me really sad is that the most upvoted thread about Patch 2.6.1 at the official forums has a guy suggesting 3-piece and 4-piece set bonuses to give stuff like "+2000 to all stats" and "reduce damage taken by 30% per piece"...

Yeah, I have little faith in the people on the bnet forums. Luckily Blizzard is pretty good at ignoring dumb suggestions/complaints.
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#109
Lord Heimdall posted...

And then they get offended when you tell them no and to stop posting. It takes 5 minutes to run simple math to understand why these idiots "suggestions" are broken compared to the hour it takes these people to write up their suggestion threads.

People wonder why blizzard and other devs completely ignore their forums other than to make silly meme replies and s***posts.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Mad_Cow46

Mad_Cow46
2 months ago#110
I wish Blizzard would ignore them even more
It's a new day. Make sure to take advantage of that.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Patch 2.6.1 PTR Patch Notes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.