This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Whole Bunch Of SEGA-Published games were reprinted...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. A Whole Bunch Of SEGA-Published games were reprinted...

User Info: ChronoCactaur

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#1
...with full-color disc art. How do I know this? I ordered a copy of Sonic Unleashed Wii off eBay and got a full-color disc instead of the "transparent" version that was used for Wii games printed prior to 2010.

It happened again with a copy of Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, which caught me completely by surprise as I got it off Gamestop.com as part of a 4 for $10 preowned deal. It was complete to boot, but that's besides the point.

Checking on eBay, I can also confirm that Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, Sonic Secret Rings. and Sonic Black Knight all got reprinted as well. The reprinted Black Knight disc in particular I think is... hypnotizing. Shame I have no interest in revisiting the storybook games.

So, yeah, if you're OCD and want to replace as much of your Wii collection as possible, this is a thing you can do.
Main Channel: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
Temple Of The Azure Flame. All Games. No BS.

User Info: Puckswack12

Puckswack12
4 months ago#2
Good i always like color discs.

Not that it really matters..

I wonder if theres any bug fixes or anything like that like they do with players choice sometimes.
Yup

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
4 months ago#3
I wonder if Atlus did the same with Dokapon Kingdom.

I've seen a disc in both color and just with blue letters, I have the latter.

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#4
Puckswack12 posted...
I wonder if theres any bug fixes or anything like that like they do with players choice sometimes.

Not sure, but I do know that the Sonic Unleashed manual was reprinted into a pamphlet rather than a manual, though Banana Blitz still has a full-sized manual. =/

Other than the aforementioned Black Knight reprinted disc, I think the reprinted Banana Blitz is VERY gorgeous. Practically worth the price I paid for it alone, even if I never touch the game again, haha (Though I plan to, as I'm noticing the game is holding up better than anticipated in other circles)

EDIT: Also, through preliminary findings on eBay, it seems that Nights, Samba de Amigo, and MadWorld have not been given the "color disc" reprint treatment. It seems to only be Sonic and Monkey Ball-related games... fair enough as those are among my favorite SEGA series, lmao

User Info: Puckswack12

Puckswack12
4 months ago#5
^ im kinda the opposite id rather have madworld, nights and alien syndrome remade than the sonic games on wii
Yup

ChronoCactaur
4 months ago#6
I'm not talking about remakes, I'm talking about reprints. XD

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
3 months ago#7
This is bizarre. Usually, first prints are in color and later on a publish switches to black & white or maybe monotone. Deciding to put it in color later on is an odd choice. Apparently Sega is making big bucks if they decided to increase production quality later on.
"Saturn users are people who truly love games." - Hideo Kojima
http://tinyurl.com/hu8kkln | http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat

ChronoCactaur
3 months ago#8
Well ALL Wii games underwent this transitions during the late 2009 -> early 2010 time period, and from then on all Wii game discs were published in full-color ala PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 etc discs as opposed to larger gamecube-style discs.

PS1 compact discs were the opposite, going from black-label full-color discs to greatest hits black&white dealies.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. A Whole Bunch Of SEGA-Published games were reprinted...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived